Author Topic: Brammo Hat Contest  (Read 4996 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Hat Contest
« on: October 04, 2010, 05:02:30 PM »
First, the prize: I have a couple extra Brammo caps - they're awesome and they're yours, if you win.
[smg id=170 width=500]

The Contest: By now, everyone knows that Brammo will soon introduce its upgraded version of the Enertia - either the Enertia Plus or the the Enertia+ or Enertia 2.0 or whatever.  Sure, we all want to know the price, the range, the top speed, etc.  But the one thing that everyone seems to be itchy about is: when will they make the announcement?

Rules: Make your guess for a one-hour block of time between now and the end of November. (Surely it will be announced by then  :o ).  Put your guess in the following format so that someone more industrious than me can put all the dates in a spreadsheet:

Date/Time: 2010/10/20 09:00:00 AM

Each member (MEMBERS ONLY... but new members are welcome) has ONE guess.

Duplicate times go to the person with the earlier time stamp (one who posts first)

Ties will be decided by the forum administrators, but it is possible that a tie will result in the awarding of two caps.

Brammo employees - get back to work... you're not eligible to win.

The "announcement" time will be decided based on the first place (website) that publishes the first official story -- Leaks do not count (see the recent Kawasaki leak-a-thon on hellforleathermagazine.com for an example of a leak).

No fair making a new member account to increase your chances of winning.  We are tracking IP addresses. Violators will be publicly humiliated.

Contest administrators reserve the right to make more rules if necessary.

Winner(s) must post a picture of themselves wearing the cap, astride their Enertia, or, if they don't own an Enertia, astride their choice of motorcycle, furniture, horse, or person.

Delivery only within the United States  - UNLESS you are willing to pay actual cost of postage.

Fine print: No cost to enter - this is not a gambling site - do not operate heavy machinery after posting your entry - always wear a helmet - honor your father and your mother - do not swim until 30 minutes after eating. etc.

LET'S HAVE FUN -- GO!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Hat Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
Date/Time: 2010/11/15 11:00:00 AM

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »
Date/Time: 2010/11/15 11:00:00 AM

Gah, that is an evil guess.... :)

I would like to guess in the next hour since I want to know NOW

I am horrid at waiting...

as for a real guess....

2010/10/12  1:00 PM (Craig seems to like to wait till after Lunch to make his big announcements...and a Tuesday, well I'm a mac man and I am just use to having announcements on Tuesdays :) )

Gavin

of course if Brammo wants to release the info tomorrow, also a Tuesday, at 1pm, well I'm fine with that too

mykb13

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
2010/10/13 01:00:00 (13:00:00)
Have to include a couple of 13s from Mykb13

5alarm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
My guess is 2010/10/10 10:00:00 AM

brammoHKjames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
The specs and price are very exciting...no idea on the announcement date though, although seƱor Brammofan tends to be the first to know these things  :)

Proudly wearing my new hat, so no cheating here!

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
Count me in, I don't need another hat but I can give it to a friend!
Date/Time: 2010/10/20 12:00:00 PM PST

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
2010/10/14 12pm pacific

Was going with 10/12, but I see Gavin has taken it..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
I actually now wonder if Brammo considers the next version of the Enertia to be more of a modification of an existing product and not on the scale of a "New" product and might just modestly roll them out when current stock is exhausted.

They may want to keep the focus on the more "sexy" (at least for the media) Empulse and not get people distracted with a bike that has already gotten a lot of attention and has upgrades that may seen mild in comparison to the Empulse.

It may hinge on how different the next Enertia really is. I'd really like it to be a grand announcement with some great upgrades, but they just might not be there this time around.

Just me speculating while having nothing else to offer.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »
I could see that (apple will make minor changes to a laptop and not make a big issue of it)...but I would hope it's not the case.

One...currently Brammo makes and sells one product. Yes the Empulse is a big and important step for Brammo. But for Brammo to basically ignore the one product it does sell would be, well short sighted.

Two...The Enertia, Brammo's founding product, is due for an update....and Brammo knows what that update should be (hence the Empulse...Brammo knows that the public wants more range and probably a bit more speed too). So I doubt Brammo would, when they want to go worldwide, ignore or make only minor changes to the Enertia.

Three....Worldwide....that is key here. Yes the Empulse will do well in many parts of America...and the world too. But I actually see the Enertia as a much better seller worldwide. Many places prefer that style to a sports bike. And the Enertia is actually better for big cities like NYC and London and Paris and .....etc etc. Large sections of Europe, well the speed limits are such that the Empulse is overkill. Not that it won't sell, but the Enertia will sell better.

So make some good improvements before going worldwide. Test it out a bit and then have 2 kick ass models to just kill the competition worldwide. And that means an Enertia with more range and a bit more speed (75 top speed, 60 miles range...or 75 top speed and 75 miles range would be even better. Similar to the Empulse, you could have an Enertia 60, and Enertia 75 and Enertia  90...the number being the expected range.)

But I'm just guessing too...I really have no idea what Brammo will do...I just know what I would like them to do :)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 02:08:02 AM »
Brammocraig on Twitter is now heavily teasing about some good news to be released next week.

It could be about many things, but I am of course hoping it is the fabled Enertia plus news.

I'm hoping for something similar to the Empulse, as in three models all with the same top speed and named by range....

But it could also just be one new model

So either, "Meet the new Brammo Enertia models, all with a new top speed of 75 mph and increasing ranges of 60, 75 and 90 miles."

Or, "Meet the new Brammo Enertia Plus. 75 mph top speed and 75 miles of range. The best electric motorcycle just got better."

If it is called the Enertia Plus, I expect one model. If they go three versions, I expect them, like the Empulse, to be named after the range...Enertia 60, Enertia 75, Enertia 90.

All range estimates are guesses. But I assume the packs will be smaller than the Empulse...but with less top speed and less weight, I think the ranges could be around my guess (why a enertia 90 instead of the fabled 100 miles range? Well I think 100 miles would be just too big of a pack for the Enertia without huge changes in look and ride. Heck 90 miles range is likely too much unless the Enertia is widen a fair amount.)

And why 60, 75, and 90 instead of 6.0, 7.5 and 9.0 like how the Empulse is numbered? Well different style rides need different style naming and identities. The Empulse numbering is very American and very modern. Doing the Enertia number as 60, 75 and 90 is more European (especially Italian ish in nature...very vespa or fiat) and I think it fits the Enertia style better. Of course if it is just one model this is all moot.

I do think the new Enertia will likely be replacing the current model. So naming it the Enertia plus would seem unneseccary. I guess they could sell the current model as their inexpensive model, but I don't see them continuing to make it for long after the newer version is in production.

Again, all just guesses.

Boy do I ramble at times.

Gavin

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »
"Enertia 90" as you call it would be incredible but I don't think 90 miles or anything close to it is in the cards this time around.

I've been reading "Zen And The Art Of Waiting For Brammo Anouncements" and it has been very helpful in calming me. I'm no longer chomping at the bit in anticipation. I was at the point of checking this site and Craig's twitter's every hour, but learned that there were many teases that were just that. Things like, "Could there be time for one more announcement before the end of the day?" so I was hanging on, and there would be no other announcement.

Also, when Craig says that some great news is about to be released, we think of new Enertia when Craig is thinking about new funding or new buildings or new partners, which IS very exciting. It is just that our heads are expecting one thing and Brammo is thinking of MANY things.

So my advice is to Zen out, let it go and when it comes it will be what it will be. I think there is even the possibility that there will not be any announcement or at least introduction until next year after the Xmas season. If a person wanted a bike today, I'd advise them to buy it today and not worry about what they might miss in the next version. If you are not in a real need and have to have the latest and the greatest of whatever it is, then wait and see knowing that it might even be six months.

I'm going to do what Doris Day advises.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:26:39 PM by Kelly »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 07:41:07 PM »
Hey, I'm chill...just having some fun.

Got two bicycles and 2 scooters...don't need an Enertia or Empulse...but would like to replace one of the gas scooters with an Electric motorcycle or scooter when one comes I really want. Figure the next Enertia likely fits the bill. Just want a bit more speed and a bit more range and I will be giving Brammo some money :)

But it probably won't be till 2011 even if we get news from Brammo next week about the Enertia plus or pro or 2.0...Would take them a while to ramp up unless they found a way to fit around 5kWh of batteries in a 3.1 kWh space.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »
If 90 is too much, and it easily could be...

Enertia 50, Enertia 65 and Enertia 80

7995, 8995, 9995

Though of course I prefer 60, 75 and 90 at the same price point :)

again all guesses and if they do get a 90 miles version I imagine it will be over 10k

Gavin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:54:46 AM by Gavin »

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »
Hey, I'm chill...just having some fun.

Understood. Doing the same here, that's why I put in Doris.