Author Topic: Faulty Motor Temp Sensor  (Read 2152 times)

PaulHMartinez

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty Motor Temp Sensor
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 09:03:18 AM »
Good.
Please let us (me) know what you find out.
Get as much detail from the tech that does the actual repair.
There is no service center anywhere in the entire Midwest that has the ability to repair any aspect of these bikes.
Much appreciated.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 09:26:10 PM »
Hey so I finally was able to drop my bike off at Spirit Motorcycle.  I had scheduled to bring it in early October and I was riding the Trans America Trail on my DR650 and wouldn't make it back to drop the bike off so I had to reschedule till today November.  They have so many bikes to work on so it takes forever to even get your bike in there.  Makes me not want to buy any of their bikes. 

It didn't go so well.  The guy I checked my bike in with said they don't work on electric bikes and he checked to see if there is any warranty on the bike and he said there wasn't anymore kind of warranty on it.  I mentioned that the battery is under warranty and that the fault is related to the battery so it should be covered because it is 5 years/100,000 mile warranty.  I even took at screencap in the owners manual where it says the battery warranty is. 

So he said he will have to call Polaris and see what's up.  If they won't cover it I will have to pay $149 just for them to look at it.  I didn't even mention the other problems with my bike.  So I'm thinking nothing will be done and I will be in the hole $149.  It's kind of strange because the last time I came in they said they were working on Empulses before and now it's like big ???

I see that I'm probably just going to have to ride this bike till it won't run anymore and sell it for parts and buy a Zero or Energica in the future =/
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 09:07:43 PM »
Well I got the bike back today and Spirit Motorcycles wasn't able to do anything.  They don't have the diagnostic equipment to work on the bike.  I guess they used to have it but no more because I had heard they had replaced a battery at Spirit last year.  At least I didn't have to pay a diagnostic fee.  They said to call Polaris and see where I can get my bike serviced =(.  Waited a whole month to get my bike in there and they're saying they can't work on it. 

They didn't mention anything about the battery warranty.  Polaris is suppose to provide service and parts for 10 years but they seemed to have abandoned us.  I'd be pissed if I bought this bike for the full price but I kinda knew this is what would happen.

So looks like I will have to live with the B9 error and ride this bike till it won't run no more and sell it for parts and get a Zero or Energica...  but in the meantime I am still happy with this bike.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:09:29 PM by HadesOmega »
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139