Author Topic: 2011 Brammo Enertia article  (Read 4869 times)

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
2011 Brammo Enertia article
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »
Could this be true?

========================================================================
The bike also sports different  geometry to decrease the turning radius and improve handling. Brammo says the Enertia Plus will go for $8,995. If you already own an Inertia and want to upgrade to the Plus, the company will give you a $2,500 rebate.

http://zmarter.com/cars/brammo-enertia-doubles-its-range.html

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:19:02 PM by Phantom »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2011 Brammo Enertia article
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »
I don't know... they misspell Enertia as "Inertia." And the picture looks totally fake - what's he going to do with girl when they get to his one-seater?   ::)

Although that $2500 rebate is pretty sweet.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
Did they mention an availability date? I'll take one :)

And top speed?

So we have 2 of the riddle questions answered..

2 = twice the range

2500 = rebate

4 = ?? 

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »
4 = ?? 

My guess is a rebate 4 current Enertia owners.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:16 PM »
Or 4 new colors?

We see jet black is one new color.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »
Mmmm, 6 kWH battery...so is the enertia plus wider or did they get much denser battery packs?

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
The claim in the article is that it still weighs 324 .lbs which I think could be wrong. The 324 .lbs weight is the weight specification of the current Enertia. I think it is unlikely the new version would weigh the same.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
Im gonna go ahead and assume this is true because I saw it on the internetz. I must say, this looks like a fine addition to the lineup. Never thought they could DOUBLE the range for only 1k more, incredible... Brammo never ceases to amaze. LOVE the black color! If i had the money I would start another site called EnertiaBuyer.com, dang that thing is sweet!!

Looks like Wired.com jumped the gun on the announcement...

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »
Could this be true?

Well, since Brammo has said that there would be an exciting news report this week, and almost everybody in the world that has payed any attention to all of the teasers that Craig has posted, I suspect that this is info is from a direct release from Brammo, and there are several of these kinds of stories on the web today, yes, I think it is true.

80 miles stated, so maybe if it is 60 in mixed real world riding, that is pretty good. Although I really wanted them to get rid of the fan - I'm ready to get on a list!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:02:23 PM by Kelly »

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
And the picture looks totally fake - what's he going to do with girl when they get to his one-seater?   ::)

I think it's too late to deny this one. But I don't think they really care as long they are getting the press to write about it.

But here is the real telling thing about me. I didn't even notice the blond until Harry's remark. I pride myself on being able to spot a beauty any place, but I was only looking at the bike!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:55:54 PM by Kelly »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »
Still plenty of good info for brammocraig to release tomorrow...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 01:44:59 AM »
Looks like that's a cached version (or a flat-out copy) of the wired article, according to google cache.

No word on an increase in top speed, but the valence batteries may have been a performance limitation - valence specs a 3C max 30s discharge (= 9.6kw), where brammo lists the maximum motor power at 13kw. I would expect to see a little better acceleration and sustained top speed (after changing the sprockets).

I hope if they keep the existing motor, that they figure out a way to cool it a little more quietly. Then the choice between a $10k Empulse 6.0 and a $9k Enertia 6.0 will be pretty tough.. Empulse is much faster, but also heavier. We haven't seen the final riding position for the Empulse yet, but that might be a dealbreaker for some.

Edit: misread the rebate information. Need to sleep on that and think about it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:50:10 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 03:37:25 AM »

I hope if they keep the existing motor, that they figure out a way to cool it a little more quietly.

I'm with you on that. The ONLY thing I like better on some of the other brands of E-Bikes was a quieter fan. Was really hoping that was something that would be addressed.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »
So, after thinking further the rebate on an Enertia Plus purchase for existing owners (vs an optional simple battery exchange) is a very good idea.

Let's say you bought the Enertia shortly after the price drop was announced, around Dec 2009. The federal 10% rebate basically cancels out state tax, so you paid around $8k for your bike. Now the new bike is out at $9k, or effectively $6.5k for existing owners. I imagine the secondhand value for the Enertia 3.1 is probably around $5k, so the upgrade would cost existing owners around $1-2k after all is said and done. Not bad, considering that's basically the price difference between the $8k Enertia 3.1 and the $9k Enertia 6.0.

I haven't been following the fine print on the various state tax credits / rebates, but it could also potentially be a no-cost upgrade if you can take advantage of additional tax credits a second time.

Supposing that a significant number of owners take Brammo up on this offer, it establishes an immediate secondhand market for the lightly used Enertia 3.1s, with a lower entry point -- especially for those that cannot take advantage of the tax credit. It could also substantially increase Brammo's sales by percentage - after all, if 80% of Enertia owners upgrade, that's an 80% increase in total sales before counting new customers :)

Couple of remaining questions:

* Will customizations owners have made to their existing Enertias (enertia-ette) be compatible with the new Enertia? I can't imagine it makes sense to change the tooling for any component of the bike unnecessarily, unless these new bikes are now being assembled by Flextronics.
* What, if anything, will Brammo do for very recent customers? I've seen a couple retweets by BrammoCraig of owners tweeting their new purchase. Apple's model might be a good thing to follow - they'll offer a discount for any price drops within 30 days of purchase, or an at-cost upgrade to a new model.
* When are these bikes available?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:37:16 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 08:29:51 AM »
I just created a new forum board: Brammo Enertia Plus, and will be moving all discussions there. 

So very cool!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki