Author Topic: More Power to get away from the traffic light?  (Read 3254 times)

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: More Power to get away from the traffic light?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
So. Now I went home from work early and got a new free app for my mobile. It was very freezy, about -3 deg, but I wanted to make some measurements. Ok, just via GPS, but it seems to work fine!

As now the kids are in bed, my wife if talking and talking and talking to her best friend, I got plenty of time.

One conclusion for me is - yes, the acceleration upto 50 km/h is nearly constant. Funny, as off-the-line it feels horribly slow, also ambitious mazda driver are very close to my rear mirror for the first 10 meters. Afterwards, acceleration is fine. But, as I am an engineer, I trust the measurement. Constant acceleration. I must accept.

Oh I just see its not 12m/s^s , its 12 (km/h)/s, but who cares now. Just a benchmark.

As I could not drive that far, my fingers were getting blue inside my gloves, I took a little hilly road, yellow is the altitude which my mobile thought of.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:33:48 PM by Arnman »

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »
17 seconds until 100 km/h, but it really has been cold. Engine about 45 deg.

Btw, brammofan, thanks a lot, now I can add images directly (excessively..)

Heres a sum of all accelerations which I measured

One time, magenta, there has been no acceleration in the first time? Don´t know whether it is a measurement error or real. But in fact, sometimes when I squeezed myself in the front of the traffic light, there seems to be a delay in acceleration. hmmm.

One other issue seems to be very interresting, at least for me.
It does not matter if I take 50% (approximately, my right hand has been cold as an ice cube) or 100% of throttle?

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
One thing...

I took the same road (between Breitenfurt Ost and Breitenfurt West, haha) several times. It is a bit hilly. The first time (ascending road) I could hardly reach 100 km/h at the speedometer. But next times I has been very easily, and the speed seems to cut at 110 km/h. Maybe you can see here

Sum of all - I like my little honda. Ähhh brammo. It gives me time to ride when it freezes and to use excel while the rest of my family sleeps or talks about relationship stories...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
110 km/h sounds about right. 

Sum of all - I like my little honda. Ähhh brammo. It gives me time to ride when it freezes and to use excel while the rest of my family sleeps or talks about relationship stories...

So glad you're on the forum, Arnman. :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 02:36:09 AM »
Hello 

Just made a re-calculation.

In the owners manual I can read 11,1 Nm (@55V?) Mhmm not that much...

Somewhere I read about an engine tourque of 40 Nm.
Through the gear ratio 13/72 at the rear wheel are 222 Nm.
The rear tyre has a radius of about 32cm, thus the force at the road is 692 Nm.

I got including the helmet and all the warming issues about 83 kg, the brammo has about 166 kg, in Sum 249 kg.

F = m*a, a = F/m = 692 Nm/ 249 kg = 2,78 m/s^2 = 10 (km/h)/s.

Wow that fits perfectly to my measurement.
OK Brian is right again (As we all knew)  ;D, there is no current limitation, its the full torque of 40Nm from the beginning on. Yes, thats direct drive.