Author Topic: Dead Brammo Enertia in Springfield, OR  (Read 893 times)

petehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
Dead Brammo Enertia in Springfield, OR
« on: March 15, 2021, 06:10:03 PM »
Hello, looking for help or a buyer.

I bought my 2009 Enertia several years ago (second owner). Ran it as my commuter for years. Probably has about 9,000 miles on it. I say probably because...

About a year and a half ago it stopped charging. I had had this problem before and had reached out to Brammo directly, who told me to replace a fuse under the fake "gas tank" on a wire near the on button. I ordered that special fuse on eBay it fixed it. However, after some time it stopped charging again. I replaced that fuse and nothing happened. I read around on these forums and replaced the fuse that is under the bike near the front tire (maybe ANN150?).

No dice. It won't power on, it won't charge, nothing. Tried different outlets and cords, nothing. Tried pressing that hidden button under the front panel... nothing. I was going to reach out earlier but then the pandemic hit. So at this point I don't know if it is fixable and if so how complicated.

So, I'm searching for any advice and/or open to selling it to someone who might want spare parts, etc. It's in good shape and has the Brammo luggage bars on the back along with some other nice-to-haves (LED tail/head lights, front windscreen). This is a great community and I believe one of you can help or may want the bike for yourself. Thanks

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dead Brammo Enertia in Springfield, OR
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »
Hello petehammer,
I'd like to help you solve your problem. To uncover the real cause of your Enertia failure, you need to download the files from the flash drive and find out what error messages are contained in the files. You can use a file converter to convert LOG files to MS Excel format.
Or send me those LOG files and I'll help you analyze them.
Once we know the error codes, we can better focus on the electrical components that cause it. The fault can be caused by the charger (error Cxx), the battery (error Bxx), the motor controller (error Sxx).
Cheers,
KaFr
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012

petehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dead Brammo Enertia in Springfield, OR
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 01:40:47 PM »
KaFr, thank you so much. I appreciate the community here. I am currently away from my bike but in about a week and a half I'll be back to it and get get the logs off the flash drive. I'll circle back then, thanks!