Author Topic: Delivery date...  (Read 6828 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Delivery date...
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 09:44:25 AM »
I just found this comment posted on the Electric Motorcycle Forum from James in Iowa:

Hey, Brammo Lovers, just wanted to share a reply to an inquiry I made with Brammo.  This is from a March 29th 2011 e-mail reply:
Thank you for your interest in Brammo and the Brammo Enertia Plus motorcycle.  Currently we are still commissioning manufacturing facilities and establishing the supply chain, so predicting build dates for Enertia Plus pre-orders is not yet possible.

Unfortunately, the Enertia cannot be upgraded to the same battery pack as the Enertia Plus.

Hope this helps someone.
I was really interested in the Enertia Plus's extended range, but I don't have the patience to wait for it.

So that should answer at least two questions that have been kicking around here for a while. Unfortunately, it does bring up something that must be a concern for Brammo's marketing department. Many potential purchasers (especially younger ones) just don't want to wait for a new and exciting product and can quickly move on to something else. That is what happened to Zero. They generated a lot of hype and a lot of potential customers, which after a while went away to buy a Brammo, or an IC motorcycle when the Zero S and DS never materialized within a reasonable period of time (that would be measured in years - and not dog ones).

Fortunately for Brammo, there are very few options for anyone who wants an electric motorcycle, so it is not so easy to jump from one manufacturer to another. Unfortunately for Brammo, someone who is not so committed to electric power may end up going the IC route, where the products are readily available, exciting, well promoted and advertised, test rides are available and salesmen are enthusiastic and hungry.

I can certainly understand Brammo's problems in trying to set up a manufacturing system for a completely new technology from scratch, but I think they had better light a fire under the marketing department and do something to keep their potential customers' interest in the Brammo Plus and the Enertia motorcycles on the boil, before they become distracted and move on to something else. - Says a potential and enthusiastic Empulse customer.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.