General > Victory Empulse

System Fault B9

(1/3) > >>

Mattiboy:
Hello,

I have a 2016 Victory Empulse TT, purchased on 01/19/2017
I have reviewed most of the threads relating to error codes on this forum as well as the victory forum itself, and I am still left with some questions.  For almost a year now I have had a perpetual "System Fault B9" on the dash with the accompanying red triangle. The bike has never been ridden in the rain.

Additionally, most of the time when the battery state of charge gets below 40% and I accelerate hard there is reduced power (even in sport mode) and a High Battery Temp Warning and the red battery icon flashes.  One time on the freeway the bike had an immediate drop from 15% to 0% and powered itself down.  I am able to charge back up to 100% so I am assuming the cells are balancing themselves.  Is there anyway to reset/cancel the B9 fault codes? what is I disconnect the main battery cable on the bike Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

EV promise:
Hi, sad to hear about your troubles. As B9 error is not shown in the manual and looking through the forum shows possible moisture fault, not clear where to look, I would download the most recent logs from the bikes tiny USB stick ( in the red rubber  sleeve under the seat)  and see what shows. There is a reader on here, it converts the log ( drv or chg ) to Excel csv file so it can be read. Or post one of them on here for comment.

EV promise:
Just one more thought, if you look at the logs. Freeze the top line and scroll across to battery moisture levels. Should be around 40%, 50% maybe but not 85-90% on any of the cells.

Mattiboy:
Thats great info thanks.  Where can I download the reader?

gunterfalstaff:
Did you ever get this figured out?  I'm also getting a B9 error when charging but it doesn't prevent me from charging... yet.

Curious if you figured yours out.

Here's a short clip of what mine is doing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y9QoGpS7QMZrVejMA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version