Author Topic: Delivery date...  (Read 6830 times)

mykb13

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Delivery date...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
I found this Sept 30th article on motorcycle-usa.com that quotes Q3 2011 for the Empulse :(
"Bramscher reports more than 1000 pre-orders for the Empulse, with the first bikes expected to arrive by Quarter 3. "

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/750/8069/Motorcycle-Article/Brammo-and-Zero-Raise-Development-Funds.aspx
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:34:15 PM by mykb13 »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
Mmmm, this looks new at the Brammo store...for the plus this was added (or I didn't see it before)..

Available Mid 2011

So I guess not in the spring....too bad...I can wait, but I would buy it sooner if possible...

Gavin

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »
Available Mid 2011

So I guess not in the spring....too bad...I can wait, but I would buy it sooner if possible...

I pre-ordered a Black Enertia+ (order #142, for what it's worth). My current (ICE) bike is starting to fall apart so I really don't want to wait any longer than necessary... I need to replace the mufflers to keep it going for another half a year, and today it wouldn't start because of battery problems. At least one of those problems will go away when I've gone electric...

I just hope Brammo will manage to get those factories up and running quickly.

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Delivery date?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 02:30:47 AM »
Any word on where and when the Enertia Plus will start rolling off the assembly line? I don't expect to see mine before 2012 as I am 897th on the list. It sure would be nice to know where they are being made. I'm not buying a $9000 chinabike. If it's not made here in the US like the Enertia... I'm out!

EDIT: Yep, that was a typo! I meant 2012! Fixed it!

SamM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:23:40 PM by SamM »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Delivery date?
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
I don't expect to see mine before 2011

I think that's a fairly safe bet at this point.

but it would be nice to know where they are being made.

Brammo has indicated in the past that they intend to do major assembly close to the point of sale. Subassemblies are likely all over the place, but this is no doubt the case for the Enertia as well. Leyden Energy and Valence are both US companies, I assume they manufacture their cells here.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 03:42:11 PM »
Gasoline is getting expensive here (there's a lot of state tax on it) and I'd like to stop using it for my commute to work. That's my reasoning for the Enertia Plus in the first place. I have a small 200cc Zongshen dualsport that is likely to be pressed into service as soon as the weather gets a little more pleasant. :-\ This bike is also one of my reasons for NOT wanting Brammo to farm it out to China. It has a couple of issue that I'll be addressing shortly. Build quality is a big one. That and I'm growing tired of sending my money overseas.

After I rework it, I'll be selling the Zongshen to help fund the Brammo. My daughter's Yamaha TT-R125E is also going on the market. Both were built in China and suck! Live and learn! It's 2K that I won't have to come up with though. 

SamM

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »
Wanted to....gah, wanted to what? Don't leave us hanging :)

The number could be a mis-mash

09 09 is obviously sept 9th

So we have 210 and 0009 to account for

Take a 0 from the 0009 and you have 2010 and 009

Now I doubt I was the 9th person to order an Empulse...nor the 900th...

So the number is still a mystery to me.

Gavin

I think they changed the numbering scheme around then, 'cause they probably hit 4 digits...
my order for what it's worth was Order #20100715007 (placed on July 15, 2010)
I'm assuming I'm 7th on the list, 'cause if I remember right, 15th July was the day they opened pre-orders...
so instead of changing the number of digits for the 1000th order to 20xxxxxx1000 they just redid the numbering scheme, I guess they didn't anticipate 1000 orders when they came out with that number scheme...
Now they announced hitting 1000 in end Sep, they could have announced it after having hit 1000 and then some... so your order- 21009090009 could well be 2-10-09-09-0009, where the first 2 (or 210 instead of 2010) could indicate the new numbering scheme, which would make your order 1009
[my 2 cents, although Gavin may not really want to be that far in the list :P]

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 01:49:59 PM »
Just another thought. Could be the 9th pre-order on that date.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
Quite possible.
I'm an engineer, I've been programmed to over think things :D

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »
A few days ago I asked Brammo about when they expect my Plus will be ready. They answered that they're "still commissioning manufacturing facilities and establishing the supply chain, so the delivery dates have been pushed out". Nothing more specific at this point. So I'm trying to get used to the idea that it won't be an electric summer this year. And getting ready for another round of repairs of the old Suzuki.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
Mmmm, well my Fiat 500 Prima is coming this week...so I guess a brammo delay isn't a horrid thing...

If brammo had come first I might have canceled my car...but with my car coming first, well I could use the extra time to convince the wife I need an electric mc too...

Will be the first time in 6 years that a car is sitting on my side of the garage...luckily it is a small car so I can fit the car and my scooter And the plus when it finally comes. Just need to find a home for my little scooter as the plus is replacing that...

Gavin

Not mine, but mine is exactly like this...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:48:15 AM by Gavin »

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »
@FrankH - Hopefully it's sometime this year...
Fortunately for me, since I'm in Arizona now, I can ride all year long... and it might still be an electric summer for me, considering summer is much longer here...
@Gavin - Lucky you, it's quite a looker. I don't know too much about the specs, but a it looks like it should be fairly zippy and fun to drive... Keep us posted, love to see the pics...

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
Cute car, Galvin. It looks like it will be a fun ride. Congratulations!   :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
Mmmm, well my Fiat 500 Prima is coming this week...so I guess a brammo delay isn't a horrid thing...

If brammo had come first I might have canceled my car...but with my car coming first, well I could use the extra time to convince the wife I need an electric mc too...

Will be the first time in 6 years that a car is sitting on my side of the garage...luckily it is a small car so I can fit the car and my scooter And the plus when it finally comes. Just need to find a home for my little scooter as the plus is replacing that...

Gavin

Not mine, but mine is exactly like this...

Gavin:

Congrats on that badass little bugger!  Really looks a lot like the SEAT 650's I used to see all over spain when I was a kid (SEAT was spain's 'license-built' Fiat factory).  Very, very cool.
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
Should be a lot of fun...for a cage :)

It will likely get very few miles as I will still bike in the summer and scoot or brammo most of the rest of the year.

Buying it today...still say Brammo will release new Plus info within a week of me spending all my money :)

Gavin