General > Victory Empulse

Service alarm s56 battery low.

(1/2) > >>

SeanTT:
Hi, on the way to work yesterday morning, with about 90% soc, in 5th gear and at full throttle S56 message appeared, with no loss of power, when the throttle was closed slightly the message disappeared but returned when returning to full throttle, I was in the green zone on the Rev counter, thought I share my experience with you guys.

EV promise:
Hi Sean, s56 warns the motor voltage is low, you're probably just asking more than the system is able to respond too in that moment. Do you have the manual? It explains most codes.
 If not you can type ' Victory Empulse tt' into a search engine and download it from the Polaris site as a PDF.  Cheers

SeanTT:
Thanks EV, yes I do have the manual, But nothing really explains S56,  I think your correct though.

KaFr:
Hi SeanTT,

EV Promise is right, S56 means warning that the electric motor voltage is low. But it's not serious if it rarely occurs. I would recommend that you check the data on the flash drive under the saddle to see if there are any other errors that did not appear on the display.

In any case, it's good to note that your Victory Empulse TT has not been in operation for a long time and has driven very few miles. This is not very good for the battery, electric motor, transmission and operating fluids. Therefore, it would be good to handle the motorcycle carefully for the next few thousand miles and not test its limits. It is also recommended, at least once every 2 months, to charge the battery to 100% and leave it plugged in for several hours in order to perfectly balance the voltage of all cells and modules. S56 may be the result of poor voltage balance.

The most serious faults are: increased relative humidity in module number 5 (you can check in the data), coolant leakage into the electric motor, gearbox leak around the gear lever, electric motor temperature sensor fault and battery module temperature sensor fault.

Cheers
Karel

EV promise:
Hi, if you don't feel comfortable removing the data stick to copy the latest .drv o .chg files. (We can turn these into a spreadsheet.) Pressing the mode and odometer buttons simultaneously during charging will show you the highest and lowest cell values and the difference with some other info. Mine is 20mV. Cells max at 4.15v on my bike. Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version