General > Victory Empulse

System Fault A6: AIM Module Not Communicating

(1/3) > >>

new-brammo-guy:
Hi All,

2016 Victory Empulse TT here. Has anyone had the System Fault A6: AIM Module Not Communicating? I read a couple other posts regarding A6 but I'm not even sure what the "Auxiliary Input Module" even is on the Empulse TT.

The bike won't run.

You can see my other recent threads that my bike has had a few faults recently and it's not working. Now the A6 comes on right away with key-on and then after some waiting the B40 is the final blow.

Thanks a lot

EV promise:
Hi, this is an image of the AIM unit from the Brammo Empulse manual if it shows up this time! It was mentioned in a previous post for the A6 issue.

new-brammo-guy:
Thanks a lot EV promise!

The vehicle and battery control electronics were changed from Brammo to Victory. Does the summary below look correct?

Brammo Empulse:
AIM horizontal on top of batteries with two connectors. VCU vertical in front of the batteries with one connector

Victory Empulse TT:
BMC (one connector) mounted above the VCU. Both lay horizontally on top of battery modules.

[1] The Auxiliary Input Module (AIM, in the Brammo Empulse with two connectors) was renamed and possibly redesigned as the Battery Management Controller (BMC, Victory Empulse TT with one connector). See attached images both the two different Brammo and Victory Empulse manuals.

[2] The Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) in the Brammo Empulse with one connector was redesigned and moved to sit below the BMC in the Victory Empulse TT with two connectors.

Note: One of the images in the Victory Empulse TT manual shows the BMC with two connectors - which doesn't seem correct. Maybe they reused an image from the Brammo AIM incorrectly (?!).

new-brammo-guy:
One more attachment for previous post

new-brammo-guy:
Final attachment from previous post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version