Author Topic: Does it make sense to pre-order from abroad?  (Read 3273 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
Does it make sense to pre-order from abroad?
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Hi there,

I live in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and would really like to get my hands on an Enertia Plus, once they're coming to this part of the world. Would it make sense to pre-order one?
Or would that mean it would have to be shipped and imported from the US?
Any ideas of how or when the Enertia+ will become available for people like me?

thanks, Frank

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does it make sense to pre-order from abroad?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
1. Does it make sense? Yes.
2. Will it be shipped and imported from the US? Probably not - EU homologation for the Enertia is (I think) complete and, coupled with the news of the Flextronics deal (search for this on the forum and in the news) the goal is to manufacture the bikes close to the point of sale.
3. When will the Enertia Plus become available for people like you? Nope... maybe Brammo will chime in with some answers.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

thespecialone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Brammo
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
Brammo will be attending EICMA in Milan next week, at that time we will "turn on" pre-ordering for European customers. You will be able to pre-order all 5 models; Enertia, Enertia Plus, Empulse 6, 8, and 10. European bikes will be manufactured in Europe and will be delivered via European dealers....
Brammofan is correct regarding EU type approval.
Adrian

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »
Any ideas of how or when the Enertia+ will become available for people like me?
On the Bridgestone Eco-Rally(London 7-7-2010) at the stand of Best Buy was a Enertia to look at. But even Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield wasn't allowed to touch it...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rev0lvin/4779759315/#in/set-72157624463848046/

Groetjes van Antwerpen
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:55:44 PM by CBke »
CBke

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 03:42:39 PM »
...You will be able to pre-order all 5 models; Enertia, Enertia Plus...

O wow, that means I'll have to choose. Until now I was only trying to decide what color I'd like best for the Enertia+. Can someone explain the main difference between the normal and + Enertia? The range is different obviously, and that's mainly because of the different batteries, am I right? Is Lithium-Iron better for the environment than Li-Ion?
I'm still leaning towards the plus, by the way.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »

Can someone explain the main difference between the normal and + Enertia?

Here is a quote from a HellforLeather article:

In addition to the new 6.0kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate battery pack, Brammo has also tweaked the handling with a increased fork offset and decreased trail, also positioning the handlebars 1-inch further back, this should make the Enertia Plus a touch easier to steer. Brammo also claims the Plus has a tighter turning circle.

Source: http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/10/brammo-enertia-plus-double-the-range-not-double-the-price/

The range is different obviously, and that's mainly because of the different batteries, am I right?

Yes, you are correct.

Is Lithium-Iron better for the environment than Li-Ion?

Li-Ion is the same as Lithium Ion. The battery chemistry between the Enertia and Enertia Plus are different, but I think both batteries are much better for the environment than petrol or gas emissions.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:06:11 PM by Phantom »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »

Can someone explain the main difference between the normal and + Enertia?

Here is a quote from a HellforLeather article:

In addition to the new 6.0kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate battery pack, Brammo has also tweaked the handling with a increased fork offset and decreased trail, also positioning the handlebars 1-inch further back, this should make the Enertia Plus a touch easier to steer. Brammo also claims the Plus has a tighter turning circle.

Source: http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/10/brammo-enertia-plus-double-the-range-not-double-the-price/

Empulse and Enertia Plus use Leyden Energy Lithion Ion (cobalt) cells, not the Valence Lithium Iron Phosphate cells of Enertia 3.1.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/