Author Topic: New CA electric rate plan  (Read 445 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
New CA electric rate plan
« on: April 22, 2023, 04:14:43 PM »
Pacific, Graft and Explosion, along with the other two major electricity providers in California have come up with a new rate plan. Next year they will start charging their customers a base flat-rate fee based upon the customer's household income, ranging from $31 a month to $92 a month, plus their regular power consumption charge. The article that I read today says that it will hurt solar panel customers the most, some who are paying very little each month because they feed power back into the electrical grid for a credit at night when power consumption is up and solar wind farms producing electricity are down. They say they just want their solar power customers to "pay their fair share".   ::)  Leave it to the utility companies to come up with new and creative ways to increase their profits.  >:(
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New CA electric rate plan
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 07:16:25 PM »
Yep---Utilities like it both ways.  They push you into expensive renewables and then when you bite, they bite back after you have signed a long term solar equipment "lease".  Also this crap about paying based on your income is coming into many areas.  Like the new mortgage charges for people with good credit to subsidize those with poor credit.  I think I read 680 is considered "good" credit for purposes of the higher mortgage charges.  The social justice and equity groups are out of control.  This pay your fair share B.S. is going to end this country as those that can produce and help this country prosper will just give up and those that never did anything like get an education or a job will just rob the public coffers until empty.  Like the old song said--"tax the rich until there aren't any rich anymore".  We'll see how that works out in the future. 

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New CA electric rate plan
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 03:38:54 PM »
They want people to store and use their own power with batteries.  Sucks for people using grid tie.  That's why I built a hybrid off grid solar panel system to charge my Rav4 Prime (was suppose to be for my Empulse).  I'm using all the power that I'm storing as long as the batteries are charging.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139