Author Topic: DC-DC converter died??  (Read 816 times)

Haplo

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DC-DC converter died??
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2023, 04:31:26 PM »
Next update:
  • Checked 2 orange wires: nothing
  • Put 12V on the 'Tamiya' Connector: nothing
  • Checked voltage on modules 3 and 4 again: both (still) 14.x volts
First thought: seems like the modules are not into contact with each other anymore. Would be very surprising, because after the house was powered down and the charger not working anymore, the bike still ran. I even moved it a few meters using it's own power without any issue. So the shortage of the house was not the direct cause of the bike not working anymore. Only after I finished checking the fuses and so on, it suddenly was completely dead... I hardly trust myself anymore. Did I do something wrong, re-attached something wrong, or forgot something... I already double checked all the fuses and relay's.. And everything else I did... Weird...

Could it be the contact-switch??? Anyone experienced that before? Seems highly unlikely to me to be honest.

However with nothing left to go on anymore I'll start dis-assembling the under-fairing bits again (and probably will be annoyed again by the very time-consuming construction with all those separate bodyparts :) ) and will check the fuses of all the modules... But I doubt with any luck. Those are serious heavy duty fuses, I surely should have noticed one going out, right? While i'm at it: is there any other convenient place to check the voltage of the combined batterypack?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 04:34:14 PM by Haplo »