Author Topic: Alternative batteries for Empulse  (Read 585 times)

Diogoborg

• View Profile
    • Email
Alternative batteries for Empulse
« on: November 09, 2023, 10:10:45 AM »
Hi there!
Has anyone managed to get an Empulse to work with battery modules from other brands?
I have the bike completely stopped for an year now because of a destroyed module (including the battery's own BMS).
Water got in...
I can
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 10:12:35 AM by Diogoborg »

boxerpower

• View Profile
Re: Alternative batteries for Empulse
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 03:28:41 PM »
Hello. I installed 93AH 3.7V prismatic cells in mine and it works better than the original ones. I also removed the original bms (the seven slaves plus the master). The latter is very laborious but it is worth it since you can control the Bluetooth battery from your mobile. You have to modify the configuration and wiring of the Sevcom so that both the FS1 and the seat switch, among others, directly bypass the VCU. I even took the opportunity to put it in reverse gear since it is configured in the Sevcom.

empulsefan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 03:22:42 AM »
very nice! I'm impressed. Good to see possibilities keeping this bike on the road
 :)
thanks for sharing!

gyvermc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 02:42:53 PM »
@boxerpower:
This is great information. I tried the same at the Enertia, which has - if I`m correct - the same VCU.

https://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=4351.0

patrick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 09:05:14 PM »
Hello. I installed 93AH 3.7V prismatic cells in mine and it works better than the original ones. I also removed the original bms (the seven slaves plus the master). The latter is very laborious but it is worth it since you can control the Bluetooth battery from your mobile. You have to modify the configuration and wiring of the Sevcom so that both the FS1 and the seat switch, among others, directly bypass the VCU. I even took the opportunity to put it in reverse gear since it is configured in the Sevcom.

Excellent job. Would you Share your work?

m640x

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 03:15:51 AM »

You're my new best friend.  I'm interested in doing this same thing possibly in the future.  Bike currently runs with a glitch every once in a while.
2013 Brammo Empulse R Black and Carbon