Author Topic: BRAMMO Decal Kits designed by Sirlin.  (Read 6176 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BRAMMO Decal Kits designed by Sirlin.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »
Very cool.  I looked at the image you posted on plixi (twitter) and I couldn't figure out what I was looking at.  Now I see it in full resolution. 

Did you install these?  How difficult/easy was it?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »
Very nice.

1. So is the "boomerang" paint going to be an official Brammo option or a do it yourself project?

2. How are you liking the side bags? And are you thinking of moving up to the hard case side bags?

3. How many variations is Sirlin planning? I wouldn't mind a solar or mod themed side panel.

Thanks for the images...I'll take my Plus very similarly kitted up...Black body with blue paint on mesh, side bags and a carbon front fender...or White body with blue paint on mesh, but that isn't yet an option :)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 04:27:15 PM »
ps....

4. And most importantly......................................when will mine be ready to ship?? :)

G

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »
Glad you guys are liking them.  They're great because they're not permanent, so if you get tired of them, you can always remove them and get something different or just go "naked". 

The decals themselves are pre-cut and are very easy to install.  I just put a bit of windex on the side panel, lined up the holes and then applied like any other decal.  Using a squeegee helps to get the air bubbles out as well. 

We're still working on pricing, but the goal is to keep them very affordable... 

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »
The alternate colored boomerangs are a nightmare to manage in production (imagine guessing how much of which color to run in production given all the various combinations), so will likely remain a owner mod that we'll try to support as best we can with alternate colors available on the site.

The softshell saddle bags are great. They're really nice for carrying rain gear, extra gloves, and a light jacket to wear at work.  I've also been able to fit a surprising amount of groceries in them when needed.  I'll probably spring for the Givi hard bags even though I might not have them fitted up all the time.  They've got even more space and a lockable lid.  The mounting racks for them have an integrated handle for the center stand option as well.  Nice, integrated design work from my team that I'd be proud to show off on my bike.

Not sure how many variations we'll do on the side panel graphics... guess it depends on how popular they are.  I know there are no limits to Josh (Sirlin)'s creativity...  

http://www.sirlinwraps.com/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:52:49 AM by BrammoBrian »

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 09:56:55 AM »
Here's what the bike would look like with a Limited Silver boomerang and the Sirlin "Velocita" sidepanel decals...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
Nice...while I was hoping Black and Blue (or White and Blue), I'd take a limited edition black and silver (maybe keep the silver light to get a strong contrast to the black...maybe even white or almost white...or if this "limited edition" had that same side panel graphic, you could either pick a paint to match the white or the gray in the graphic)....

See, adding a bit of color get addictive...lets see how many other variations get mentioned :)

Here's my personal bike equipped with the Sirlin "Velocita" Graphic package.

mmmm, hoping to be able to say the same one day soon :)

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 02:12:42 PM »
Boomerangs.  I love the new terminology. 

I think the decals are a great idea.

Any thought about clear side panels?  This one silly man I know wanted clear panels and internal LEDs for his Enertia.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki