Author Topic: loss of sanity  (Read 1358 times)

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
loss of sanity
« on: July 24, 2024, 07:56:26 PM »
SYSTEM FAULT B32  : Battery Fault: Sanity Error (No communication) | SYSTEM FAULT B40  : BMS Back in Idle Mode

I got 2 years out of it
Waiting to tear it down and see what is going on.
stay tuned
2013 Brammo Empulse #602 INOP Sold
2016 Victory Empulse #199
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: loss of sanity
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024, 10:59:10 PM »
Dang. Hope it's fixable.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 07:17:07 PM »
Well I removed the lower module and took out the circuit boards and all three had problems. There is an orange rubber bumper on the bottom of the circuit boards to keep it from touching the cell tabs when you plug in the connector. The ?juice? from the leaking cells had collected there and shorted the solder connections on the boards. Also had some of the special juice collect in the case below cell #7. It has not come completely thru the case yet, but it is now very thin metal and will have to be addressed. (JB weld?) anyone?

Fortunately I still have some spare boards  and have been going thru them and using the module as a test  stand. I reinstalled the battery temporarily today with 3 boards that had few errors and showed 36 SOC after the firmware update. Happily after turning the bike on and then plugging in the charger for about 10 minutes the errors all but disappeared. I still had one and it was because the cells are unbalanced. That will clear itself in time once the bike cycles thru a couple of charges.

The SOC of 36 went to 89 after the charger was plugged in. the temp errors will clear also once the boards and the batteries reach the same temp. I did find that the little screws that hold the boards to the cells absolutely have to have both washers under the head. (fought that issue for about a day before realizing the issue). So progress YES. but....I still need to open the cells up and see just how many are bad this time and if it is the old Brammo cells or the original Victory cells. Don't know which one I am hoping for.
Stay tuned for more updates.
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2024, 12:01:50 AM »
Hi Korbin,

sorry for your problems but you are doing a great job!

Do you have a video or photos of your current problems inside the battery module?
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 08:31:02 AM »
Hello Karel, I don't have anything up yet on my you tube channel about the latest problem but I will post some photos soon.
Here is the channel address,

http://www.youtube.com/@VictoryEmpulseTT-rj2iz

I currently  have the lower module out and on the bench using it to update circuit board firmware and to confirm the overall health of these boards. When I get thru all the boards I will begin the tear down of the cells to see which ones are leaking.

The damage this time was different to the boards and I will post photos of that too.

Cheers
2003 Suzuki SV1000S