Author Topic: Brammo Stories Series  (Read 3100 times)

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Brammo Stories Series
« on: November 13, 2010, 05:24:32 AM »
I've started a film series called Brammo Stories. It's short profiles of Brammo Enertia owners and there story about buying and owning the bike. I just completed Episode One featuring Jeff Calimlim, aka Werm Works. He was really great and I am including a link to his Brammo story here.

I'm ready to start Episode Two and am looking for the next victim, I mean subject. The only requirement is owning an Enertia and being in Southern California since this is where I am. I'm easy to work with, just ask Jeff, and it will be fun. Take a look at the video and step up to be next.

And let me know what you think of it.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Stories Series
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 07:09:42 AM »
Very cool! I like that it does not appear to be scripted and that you get to know an Enertia owner better.

I liked the gas station story and visual with the Enertia and gas prices sign.

Nice job Jeff and Kelly!

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
Thanks Phantom - And where do you live?

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »
I am in Massachusetts which is 3,060 miles away from you according to mapquest.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:24 PM »
I am in Massachusetts which is 3,060 miles away from you according to mapquest.

Let's see....3,060 divided by 45 miles per charge....that's 68 charges. Seems doable.

And anyway, it's probably starting to get cold there and it was 75 degrees and sunny here in L.A. today. Isn't that enough incentive?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »
Hey Wermworks!  Cool to see you in action.  Loved the stories about plugging in next to your classroom, speeding around Burbank, and the curious cop. 

Kelly -- you're awesome, man.  Wish I could get you out here to KC to talk about my ownership experience.  Frankly, I think Brammo needs to send you around the country making these flicks.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:08:48 AM »
Very nice...good to hear the sound of it speeding by at the end.

Gah, just makes the waiting harder...grrrr :)

Gavin

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 10:32:48 AM »
Kelly,

Great idea and very nicely done!  Nice to get to know another one of our customers.  Seeing something like this provides that extra boost to get through the tough spots as we develop these bikes as it makes it all worth it.

I, for one, am glad that Brammo has no involvement with this video series as I think it makes it all the more valuable for potential Brammo-ians to get an un-biased view of what Brammo ownership is like.  Believe me... Brammo is not interested in becoming a PR/hype-machine.  We would like to "keep it real" and I think Kelly's videos will do just that...

One criticism... consolidate the text in the opening to make that section shorter.  It felt like the opening to Star Wars  to me... ;)

GeorgeS

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »
I liked the one about the police not noticing the speeding Enertia.

I have a DPS neighbor / friend. Our little highway 188 in AZ is so overpatrolled it's a joke. I'm thinking of doing a 100 MPH flyby on him on the Empulse when he is parked radaring people. The approach would be from behind.

Think he will write me up??--GSB

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
I liked the one about the police not noticing the speeding Enertia.

I have a DPS neighbor / friend. Our little highway 188 in AZ is so overpatrolled it's a joke. I'm thinking of doing a 100 MPH flyby on him on the Empulse when he is parked radaring people. The approach would be from behind.

Think he will write me up??--GSB

I wouldn't bet against it..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
Thanks for the comments from everybody.

1. As far as this being "Kept real" if it does not come from the company: I doubt that anybody would be making the distinction if the producing company that was making the film was paid or not paid. It would make a difference if the subject was paid or not but I think it is pretty clear that this episode and testimony is from the heart but it would be easy to put a tag at the front or end that this was a non-paid testimonial by the Brammo Enertia owner.

This is the second Brammo promoting film I've made on my dime in a short period of time. I'm very interested in continuing the series, but it is a time consumer and it is a part of what I do for a living so it cuts into my income. The Behind The Scenes film I directed for Plug In America this summer was also a donation.

I'll do another Brammo Story if there is another Brammo owner here in the area wiling to do it and assess the status of the series after that.

2. As far as the opening credit criticism: I agree. Partly do to the file slow loading at the beginning, which happens on all videos so it makes it last longer than it actually is and after it was posted and I saw it I was not happy with it either.

But I spent ten days on the project so by the time it was loaded at 4 AM Saturday after having been up for 28 straight hours and seeing the opening problem I was very tired and barely able to keep my eyes open. I had planned on fixing it, which I did today, and re-posting, which I will do this evening.

3. I'd love to get to KC and do the story of the Supreme Brammo Rider. But wouldn't you love to to ride out here in Southern California next to the Pacific Ocean where it is a beautiful 75 degrees?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:43:50 AM by Kelly »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
3. I'd love to get to KC and do the story of the Supreme Brammo Rider. But wouldn't you love to to ride out here in Southern California next to the Pacific Ocean where it is a beautiful 75 degrees?

Well, now that you put it that way...   :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »
Based on BrammoBrian's critique and my original dissatisfaction with the opening graphics they have been redone. They're shorter and no zoom in, also extended music a few seconds so that it ends when the film ends.

In the past two weeks I've been looking at Jeff's face more than my wife's, so no more changes. Picture is locked. And after watching it again, Jeff is really great. Glad I solicited him to be the first.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
Mmmmm, why is Jeff selling his bike?? He seemed soooo happy with it.

Gavin

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 06:58:22 PM »
Supply and demand, that's the reason.

I think you will see more people selling there bikes because they have ordered the Enertia Plus or the Empulse and they want to be able to sell when there are fewer used Enertias on the market. With a $2,500 loyalty rebate or discount from Brammo to Enertia owners and the Fed and State rebates, it makes perfect sense to me to sell and trade up for not much out of pocket. Jeff's just getting a jump on others.