Author Topic: White Brammo in Colorado  (Read 5903 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
White Brammo in Colorado
« on: November 22, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »

brammo electric - $2995 (longmont)

Date: 2010-11-22, 5:20PM MST
Reply to: sale-d2u8g-2075054965@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

2009 Brammo white 530 miles electric motorcycle of the year.buy now price will go back up in the spring retail $7995 now $2995 ++ contact Monte Hall 720 438-0975 by dealer

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2075054965
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
Re: White Brammo in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
Wow, that is a great deal. Nice find.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
Wow...tempted to buy that and then replace it with the plus when it comes out...

If the plus isn't coming till summer I could rationalize doing that...

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
contact Monte Hall 720 438-0975 by dealer

Mr. Hall is most likely using an alias for those that might not remember the show.  :)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:58:39 AM »
It looks like he's been trying to sell it on CL for a month or so.
http://www.google.com/search?q=brammo+%22Monte+Hall%22+site:craigslist.org

And other places (Google Cache).

It looks like this is the bike:
http://www.courtesy-mazda.com/used/Brammo/2009-Brammo-Enertia-6c7bb28d0a0a00650123a510ed00104a.htm

That's a crazy good deal on the bike, if the price is correct. As with any electric vehicle, the condition of the batteries is critical. Try opening the log files with the log viewer and see when the charging dates are. As long as the bike has been plugged in and charged periodically, it's probably fine.

Edit: If this counts towards the $2500 "loyalty" discount for an Enertia Plus, go buy it Gavin! Even in the unlikely event the batteries are completely shot, parts for the bike are worth waaaay more than $500, and almost everything should swap over to the Enertia Plus if needed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:02:57 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »
As long as the bike has been plugged in and charged periodically, it's probably fine.
Yes, the shape of the batteries is crucial, but based on the experience (and inexperience) of a one-time member of this forum, there is A LOT that can be abused, misused, done, undone, etc. to these bikes. 

Edit: If this counts towards the $2500 "loyalty" discount for an Enertia Plus, go buy it Gavin! Even in the unlikely event the batteries are completely shot, parts for the bike are worth waaaay more than $500, and almost everything should swap over to the Enertia Plus if needed.

Not sure about this, but the loyalty discount might be limited to original purchasers.  Perhaps the Brammo folks could comment on that.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »
Not sure about this, but the loyalty discount might be limited to original purchasers.  Perhaps the Brammo folks could comment on that.
I agree, it's a long shot.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »
yeah, I doubt the customer loyalty works with this (i assume it is for original customers only)...that said, if Brammo wants to apply the customer loyalty rebate to this bike, I will be driving up to Denver as soon as they say so...heck I will be a puff of smoke like a cartoon character...one second at work, the next second just a smokey outline of Gavin and a little "Poof" sound. :)

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
Holy crap! 3 thousand dollars! Damn... my impulsive side says take a trip to longmont and buy this thing. My logical side says wait for the Empulse. My wife says hell no! Just need to decide who to listen to...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
Ha....yeah, the real reason I hesitate is simply:

A) I want the Plus.
B) It's 350 miles away and hard to test ride to see how the battery and such was maintained...of course it is such a good deal that, as long as the battery was ok, well you could do a lot of repairs and still have a darn cheap Enertia...

and mostly...
C) If I buy it my wife will likely complain a bit if I try and buy the Plus when it comes out...which would interfere with A).

I can hear it all quite easily in my head:

"Honey you have a perfectly good electric motorcycle in the garage...why would you need a second?"
"I don't NEED a second, but I would like to replace the Enertia with an Enertia Plus."
 "But you bought that one just a couple of months ago?"
"Yes, but this one is much better."
"How is it better?"
"Well it has twice the range, is a bit faster**, better chain, and a few other things."
"Ok Honey...how far is your commute? Do you need twice the range to get to work and back? To go to the store and back? Do you need more speed to get to work and back? To get to the store and back?"
"No....but....."
"Did you know a new, better model was coming in a couple of months?"
"Yes....but....."
"So why didn't you just wait for the model you really wanted?"
"Well this was just such a great deal and I couldn't pass it up?"
"So it is such a great deal to have two electric motorcycles in the garage that basically do the same thing...commute, run errands and such?"

She is endless logical like that...grrrr....still she is the love of my life and easily trumps a good deal on an electric motorcycle :)****

Gavin

**I hope for a small upper speed increase...nothing concrete yet though.

****of course all these is moot if Brammo offered the loyalty rebate, but that would be borderline insane of them...it is great that they offer it to original owners, but they at least made some money from the original sale to that customer...the would make nothing from me...except to make me very happy :)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:59:13 PM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
Loved the "conversation."  They have a knack for making you feel...uh... how do you say... stupid?  But yeah, wouldn't trade mine in on a newer model.  (I'm talking wives here, not Brammos).

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
gah....emailed the seller:

Is this Electric Motorcycle still for sale? And do you know if it has been charged recently?

Thanks

Gavin

Reply:

yes it is still for sale,and it is charged.

Mmmm, ever sooooo tempting.

If it was local, would have gone over at Lunch today to check it out. Being "Total Travel Estimate:   7 hours 13 minutes   /   484.77 miles" according to Mapquest...well that is a bit of a haul...I should wait till the Plus...but that doesn't 100% mean I will :)

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
My advice would be to explain to your wife that it can be flipped for a profit. You would then use that profit to help upgrade to the Enertia Plus or Empulse.

Disclaimer, this would not work for me, but it might work for you. :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
Ha...yeah, but my wife knows me better than that...

I would either keep it or I would give it to one of my kids or brothers or a friend...I kinda never sell anything, just keep or give away....and not that i'm a hoarder...I give away really nice stuff. And my side of the garage is nice and clean.

Gavin

Shoot, though I wonder if I could donate it to the University of New Mexico Police...would be a win win...I could claim a good price on my taxes and would get an Electric Motorcycle on campus for both the Police to fall in love with and order more, and get the kids on campus to see it daily and want to own one...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:31:29 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
Mmmm, thinking I'll....grrrr..wait...maybe.

I fear that after 30 some years my wife has rubbed off on me...at least a little...

The impulse side of me says to go buy it.

But the realistic side tells me to wait for the Plus.

I fear that if I get this bike and ride it for a few months, and if it is in good shape and the city range is 30 miles or so, that I will just keep it and not get the Plus...that I will say, "heck thirty miles is fine for my commuting and I can just get the Plus in a couple of years when it has a top speed of 80mph and a range of 120 miles"

And that would be fine, but I'd rather start out with the Plus.

But.....6 thousand less for this than a Plus, and this bike is likely to suit me fine for city riding...

Gavin