Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia FAQ

battery life?

(1/2) > >>

webman:
I don't know if anyone here can address this question, but it's pretty relevant to those of us in the blast furnace of america (phoenix).  How long will the battery packs last after a few 115 degree summers?

I ask this because despite every warranty I can get, I've never had a car or motorcycle battery last more than about 3 years in my cars or motorcycles.  They're always telling me at the parts shops that the heat out here just kills batteries.  What got me thinking about this, naturally, was that I've got to get another battery for my current bike ('97 Yamaha Seca II), and just replaced the battery in my car after only 2 years, under warranty, but still...

Hey, here's a thought; maybe Brammo can send me a bike for 'desert longevity testing'... :)

eric  aka the webman

Brammofan:
I think Brammo's answered this before, but I can't seem to find the post.  Hopefully, they'll chime in on the subject, which, I think, is a valid concern given your history with batteries.

Gavin:
While this is a good, great price for these batteries, I would say that unless you need them now or within 6 months, I would wait. Especially if you might not need new batteries for a couple of years or more.

This tech is growing FAST. In two years you will get these same batteries or better batteries for even less than this great deal. And you won't have to worry about how to store the batteries, whether they need charging etc etc...and will have a warranty....(with these batteries the warranty is already running...will likely be over by the time you start using them.)

Just IMHO....That said, if anybody has a current EV project in the works or planned, jumping on this great deal would be a very good idea.

Gavin

HighlanderMWC:

--- Quote from: Gavin on December 10, 2010, 12:14:53 PM ---While this is a good, great price for these batteries, I would say that unless you need them now or within 6 months, I would wait. Especially if you might not need new batteries for a couple of years or more.

This tech is growing FAST. In two years you will get these same batteries or better batteries for even less than this great deal. And you won't have to worry about how to store the batteries, whether they need charging etc etc...and will have a warranty....(with these batteries the warranty is already running...will likely be over by the time you start using them.)

Just IMHO....That said, if anybody has a current EV project in the works or planned, jumping on this great deal would be a very good idea.

Gavin

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you meant this for the thread where they were selling batteries?

Phantom:

Here is an operating temperature range reference I found online about LiFePo batteries in general:

Temperature Range (-20C to 70C) (-4F to 158F)

Source: http://www.iloveebikes.com/batteries.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version