Author Topic: Magura Brake Mod  (Read 5584 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Magura Brake Mod
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
From Brammofan Blog:
Ok… here it is. I’ve replaced my “standard” Brembo master cylinder with a Magura 195 radial master cylinder.

As you know, the Enertia uses a Magura throttle and when their engineers dropped by the factory a month or so ago, they mentioned that this master cylinder might be a good fit. Of course, it’s way too expensive for production, but for those crazy enough to justify the cost (me ), it’s a fine upgrade option. If you’re not familiar with them, these “radial” style master cylinders are in fashion on many high-end Italian bikes as well as standard issue on many KTMs and BMWs as well, almost immediately recognizable by the remote brake fluid resevoir sticking up above the handlebar.

No fancy pictures this time, just iPhone photos. Many might not even notice it on first glance, but to me, it really elevates the look of the bike in a way befitting of the premium motorcycle that it is. The piston size is slightly larger at 12mm vs. the Brembo’s 11mm bore, but the feel is a wonderfully progressive, yet delicately controllable build to rock solid brake pressure. The lever action is wonderful and the curve of the lever just right.

No big fuss required to get it installed. I was even able to use the stock brake line, although I had to twist it a little more than it really wanted to. Keeping the banjo elevated after I disconnected it meant less fuss when I re-bled the brakes as I really only had to pull air out of the new master cylinder and not the line itself, which made bleeding go super quick. I did have the new master cylinder brake switch lines connectorized at the factory for me, but you could easily switch both sides of the connection to a more readily available connector type. You do have to remove the lower bodywork to get at this connector and cut a few zip ties to get the wire free. All in, I probably put about an hour and a half into this mod.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

oobflyer

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Magura Brake Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »
Sweeeet!

Brammowannabe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »
Are the stock brakes not good enough?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:32:36 AM »
Stock brakes are fine.  Brian's just a bit anal about modding his bike.   ::)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Magura Brake Mod
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:20:19 AM »
I am going to try modify the stock with these Ducati 900ss brake lever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Magura Brake Mod
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 12:30:01 AM »
Won't work. Just arrived.. Now I will need to get matching master cylinder to use these leveler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.