Author Topic: Givi Bags? Possibly soon...  (Read 5222 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Givi Bags? Possibly soon...
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
I just saw that BrammoBrian posted a pic on his twitter feed.  He said,
Break in the weather allowed me to test out our new Givi lockable storage side bags. Great functionality and looks!

Anybody bought these yet? They're available in the store for $350, although the ones on Brian's bike appear to be all black, unlike the ones in the store.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Givi Bags? Possibly soon...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
"break in the weather"?

I would hope Brian is an all weather rider :)

14 degrees this morning for my ride in. A bit chilly, but really not too bad. I prefer that to what I have coming this weekend.

It will actually be 15 degrees warmer at about 29 degrees when I have to take my bike in for my 12000 mile service. But today at 14 degrees I only had to ride 6 miles of city roads. Saturday is 60 miles of highway riding at 75 mph...that 29 degrees is gonna be hella cold at 75 mph. And 15 minutes to get to work is much shorter than the hour to get to Santa Fe. I will likely be adding a layer or two over what I worn today. At least coming home should be around 50 degrees and I will take the long way back home along the Turquoise Trail (which is prettier and a bit slower, but not a good way to go in the morning as it goes through the Canyon and up around the mountain, so a lot more chances of black ice in the AM....and I hate black ice...and sand...and wet leaves...)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:31 AM »
ps...what is the sticker on his bike?....edit....nevermind...found it....Alpine Stars....

http://www.alpinestars.com/

Gavin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:54:54 AM by Gavin »

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »
Should I ever get the opportunity to straddle an Enertia Plus I plan on having side containers but I'd like ones that have tail lights or brake lights on the back of them.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
The Givi side bags are available with either a black or silver top as shown here:

and here (new photo):

The hinged and lockable top makes for very easy and convenient entry and the storage space is easily double what you get with the softshell saddlebags.  We've also designed a much more rigid mounting frame for these bags to allow you to carry more weight.  These are the same bags and racks that will be used by the HK police force and will be "standard issue" on the future Enertia Plus law enforcement model.  They also incorporate a handle to help lift the bike onto the center stand, another new option for the bike.

Also... look for the Sirlin graphics side panel kit shown here to hit the online store within the next week or two!   

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »
Those bags look great and they are large enough to be useful for most shopping trips. I hope they, or similar bags, will be available for the Empulse.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
The Givi side bags are available with either a black or silver top as shown here:

and here (new photo):

The hinged and lockable top makes for very easy and convenient entry and the storage space is easily double what you get with the softshell saddlebags.  We've also designed a much more rigid mounting frame for these bags to allow you to carry more weight.  These are the same bags and racks that will be used by the HK police force and will be "standard issue" on the future Enertia Plus law enforcement model.  They also incorporate a handle to help lift the bike onto the center stand, another new option for the bike.

Also... look for the Sirlin graphics side panel kit shown here to hit the online store within the next week or two!   

Thanks....so the silver bike doesn't have the handle nor the center stand on that image? Was it before the update to the hard side bags?

Gavin

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
As I was returning from the grocery store today, it occurred to me that I like the top loading feature of those Givi saddle bags, but they would be even more useful if a soft bag liner (with the Brammo logo, of course), with a handle was available. With many jurisdictions jumping on the bring-your-own-shopping-bag bandwagon when buying stuff at the store, in order to eliminate the use of plastic and paper grocery bags, having a fabric bag liner that you could put your groceries in and then just drop them in the Givi bags would be really handy. I would recommend that Brammo consider that as an accessory for those hard saddle bags.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
That's a good idea, Richard.  These things are pretty cheap now, too.  Here's a place that sells imprinted bags that would fit pretty well into the Givi:
http://www.sellpromostuff.com/?p=viewitem&itemno=BASICTC

At $3.79 for 150 of them, that's about $570 for some happy Brammo customers. 

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
Well, that is a lot of bags.  ::) I'll bet someone could make a business out of buying the bags in bulk, sticking logos on them and reselling them to anyone wanting to make a statement when shopping.   :)  If BMW placed their "roundel" on a bag like that, they would sell it for at least $50.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
So where is the photo of the new bags I know you have on your PeaceKeeper Blue, FAN?

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
Ah... because you asked -
[smg id=291 width=600]

I am working on a video about installing these beauties.  Watch this space.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Thanks...looking forward to the video...

Looks great...very solid.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 01:17:26 PM »
The frames were, very obviously, made to fit the bike perfectly.  There was no wiggle room or need to "finesse" the installation at all.  And yes, "solid" it is. 

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 04:52:22 PM »
Nice...any plans for the center stand? Will it work on the original Enertias?

Also, if you can, get the Brammo windshield...it could extend your riding season...takes the wind off you chest...

Of course good winter gloves are the most important item for winter riding...that an a fair bit of insanity... (luckily I have that in spades)

Gavin