Author Topic: Givi Bags? Possibly soon...  (Read 5223 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Givi Bags? Possibly soon...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »
Also, if you can, get the Brammo windshield...it could extend your riding season...takes the wind off you chest...

Of course good winter gloves are the most important item for winter riding...that an a fair bit of insanity... (luckily I have that in spades)

Gavin

+1 on the windshield and gloves. 

And at my age (greater than the speed limit) I've become a weenie for riding in the cold (below 50F) without heated grips and a heated jacket liner, the "magic layer."

If you're looking at riding in New Mexico high desert with the winter approaching, I highly recommend electric heat.

There's nothing quite like ADDING heat into your body, rather than meerly trying to preserve your own meager output. In all my years of riding I never, ever thought I'd ride in the winter and actually be too warm, having to turn down the controller a bit. Wonderful!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 01:56:37 AM »
Electric heat? Maybe one day I'll be smart enough for that..but not yet...

My coldest ride (others here are bored with it...but since you're new :) )

http://brammoblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/cold-weather-challenge-part-2-yeah-im-an-idiot/

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
Every second I am glove-less is a moment of current and future discomfort…and my iPhone needs skin to screen contact to turn on, to select camera and to take photos.

Nonsense! You just need a "sausage stylus". You can get them from Korea for pretty cheap.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
Electric heat? Maybe one day I'll be smart enough for that..but not yet...

My coldest ride (others here are bored with it...but since you're new :) )

http://brammoblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/cold-weather-challenge-part-2-yeah-im-an-idiot/

Gavin

OK, so I read your entry (nice read!), and I see you're already flirting with the idea of electric gloves. I've found that handguards plus electric grips do it for me fairly well, but I've only ridden in +4F and only for one day in the Alps.

Probably for anything consistently below freezing, electric gloves would really be worth it. And if you're gonna spring for gloves, you might as well get an electric jacket liner so you can easily plug them into the sleeves. I like Gerbings products. THEN, you can join me in the Land of the Pansies. :)

You mentioned the problem of fog in the helmet shield. Have you ever experimented with the Pinlock antifog system? I find they really do the job.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/anti-fog-visor/

Be safe (and warm) - Bill

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
Speaking of Gerbings, I hear that they are moving their heated clothing production from a factory in China to one in North Carolina.  :)  However, it will be until next year before you start seeing their clothing with a "Made in the USA" tag on it.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Givi Bags? Possibly soon...
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
Speaking of Gerbings, I hear that they are moving their heated clothing production from a factory in China to one in North Carolina.  :)  However, it will be until next year before you start seeing their clothing with a "Made in the USA" tag on it.
And, very likely, an increased retail price. USA! USA!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki