Author Topic: Enertia Plus in time for spring?  (Read 2713 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Enertia Plus in time for spring?
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »
The Enertia Plus is slated to be released by spring 2011 right? That 90 day deposit window should be right around around the corner...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Enertia Plus in time for spring?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »
I'm ready :)

Gavin

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »
Bad news for you boys.

While I was at the show, the release dates that I was given for the Enertia+ was June/July.

Worse news... The Empulse is being called for at the "hopefully at the end of the year"

La sigh.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
End of the year... Man, I am going to need to create more apps to pass the time. Running out of ideas though...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
I'm a sad panda...

Gavin

oobflyer

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:54:44 AM »
Wow, is this true? Have we heard officially from Brammo? What show did you go to vibetrippin? This is awful news! I guess I shouldn't be surprised - most new EV companies start with one projected deadline and end up with something quite different.

Boy was I looking forward to this summer!

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:16:27 AM »
Yeah, not much of a riding season around that time in Colorado. Hopefully they can make things happen by the end of the year so at least folks can get their tax breaks in short order.
It would be helpful to get some insight from Brammo in regards to the delays. I think they had mentioned before that getting demos to the dealers was the first step. If they can do that by this summer I imagine there would be many orders lined up when they do go to production.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »
Yes, it sounds like this is true, unfortunately.  I am hopeful that we'll hear from Brammo shortly about this. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
well my first thought as, GAH...

second thought is, oh well. I have my other 2 scooters, so summer isn't too bad for me...just kinda wanted it asap to ride this spring.

Gavin

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
I was at the Portland International Auto Show. Those release times came from one of the Brammo Tech's in the booth. I want to post his name but I don't have his card in front of me and really don't want to look like a jerk and put up the wrong name.
They way I'm looking at it is that I'd rather wait for my bike that is built properly, than have one that I'm going to have issues with.
You never know, maybe it'll come out with regenerative braking before they actually release it! Everything is still TBD.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
Oh I want it to be right too...just not sure how much is different from the Enertia to the Enertia Plus that would take much time to get to market...Plus we know that the Plus is being driven right now on the streets of Oregon...so I expected sooner rather than later...

oh well, it is what it is...not a "oh christ the world is ending" kinda thing...just a mild sadness as I wanted to be riding sooner vs later...

winter will melt into spring and spring will fade into summer soon enough.

Gavin

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
The pre-order page on the Brammo website has had the line "Available Mid 2011" for a long time already. I think it was even there when I pre-ordered, somewhere around november last year. So this is not bad news for me. Just a bit of a bummer that it's not going to be sooner than expected.
My Intruder is struggling to get through the winter (batteries failing after a few nights of sub-zero temperature) so I'm getting more and more anxious: will it survive long enough?

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »
I'm still hoping that Brammo is running on the principle of "Under Promise. Over Deliver."