Author Topic: Just ordered my new Brammo Enertia Plus!  (Read 3311 times)

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Just ordered my new Brammo Enertia Plus!
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:59:22 AM »
Hey everyone! ;D

I just did it! I finally ordered a new black 2011 Brammo Enertia Plus. Yes, I am very, VERY excited! A late-2011 delivery date will allow me enough time to have plenty of cash to make the purchase. Can't wait to get my hands on this bike. Hopefully, I can get a few miles on it before the riding season ends this year. My new Scorpion Exo Commander XDR (Neon) jacket is here and I'm ready to go. My next purchase will be a new Nolan N-Com N43 bluetooth helmet to go along with my new bike. This bike will be used for my 18 mile daily commute in rural West Virginia. I work for a Utility Company that will allow me to recharge the Brammo while I'm at work. It's very exciting for me to know that my daily commute will soon not cost me very much. I work 12hr shifts 4 days one week, three the next, twice a month. This boils down to around 180 days a year minus 5 weeks of vacation that I can stretch into 9 weeks. 

Riding motorcycles is something that I have done since I was 7 years old. It's a part of me and who I am. My long-range plan is to move away from the use of imported foreign oil. I just can't do it anymore. There simply must be a better way to get back and forth without using fossil fuels. I've talked about it with my friends, until I'm blue in the face. It's time to put up or shut up. It rips me to see all these cars lined up at traffic lights burning fuel and spewing crap. All I see is money going up in smoke and overseas. I will be forced to keep at least one gasoline powered motorcycle (I'm having one built). It will be very fuel efficient and will only be used for long distance trips with my riding buddies. I will convert this bike to run on domestic ethanol. It will also run on gasoline, a necessary evil for now.   

Last week, I made the switch to Apple and I now love my new MacBook Pro. I'll never go back to a PC again. Unfortunately, the purchase of the Apple took funds away from my Brammo account but I'll be selling off some of my other motorcycles to make a little cash for the upcoming Brammo purchase.

I want to personally thank everyone on this site for all the information you have provided and for putting up with all my stupid questions and hairbrained thoughts. Another BIG thanks goes out to Brammo for all their hard work and the information they have provided me about the bike and my use of it, due to a health issue that I have.

Thanks!

SamM 

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just ordered my new Brammo Enertia Plus!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 06:29:01 AM »
Great news, Sam!  Sounds like you're set, and that you'll be more patient than some of us.  :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:15:11 AM »
Brammofan,
Honestly, the bike doesn't even have to show up this year for me. It looks like I'm 897th on the list anyway. It's likely to take Brammo quite awhile to build that many Enertia Plus motorcycles. I'm still very excited but I'm a realist. I'll probably not see the Brammo until Sept or Oct. Maybe a lot of people in front of me will change their minds and I'll get mine sooner. Hopefully Brammo will sell quite a few of them. I'm always looking for the next best thing but this bike has the range that I need and will work great for me. That's why I decided to go ahead and buy one now. It looks like the price of gasoline is likely to go higher than we have seen before. People are saying that $5 a gallon is possible. The new bike that I am having built will get around 60 to 70mpg. It will be fine for now. I also have a small 196cc Zongshen Chinese dualsport. It gets about 80mpg. 

My next car will likely be the 2012 Ford Focus EV. I'm watching that car with great interest.

SamM   

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:16:07 AM »
I work for a Utility Company that will allow me to recharge the Brammo while I'm at work. It's very exciting for me to know that my daily commute will soon not cost me very much.

Sweet! The Enertia Plus has plenty of range, I would just charge it up at work only. But I am just a cheapskate like that...

Congrats!

Looks like they are relatively close to that free Enertia plus drawing too for the first 1000 preorders!

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
Wow, they're giving one away? How cool would it be to win one! Right here in the middle of Coal Country, I could be a spokesman for GREEN energy. Hey Brammo pick me! ::)

It's not an electric company but we do use quite a bit of electricity where I work. Recharging the Brammo wouldn't even be a blip on the meter for us. 80 miles would get me home and back to work for a recharge. Sometimes we ride to Barnes & Noble in the evening to checkout the new motorcycle magazines and drink foofoo coffee. The Brammo would be great for that too. I'm sure people would be interested to see it. They may even let me recharge it there too.

SamM

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:48:51 AM »
Congrats on the order and welcome.

As for who will win the Plus...well it is a simple random drawing...

If we were petitioning for the free Plus, well I would state that my Plus will not be charged at work, but always at home where it is charged by my solar panels...truly zero emissions. I would also state that I would park it most days at the front entrance to University Hospital, where over 100,000 different pairs of eyes would see it each year...and that in the summer, when I ride my bicycle to work, I would likely lend it to the University of New Mexico Engineering dept...partly to look over, partly to test ride, partly to get all the college students to want one. I would likely also lend it some to the Campus police to try out...an Electric motorcycle for on campus patrol makes more sense than seeing the big campus police cars riding by the Student Union Building trying to avoid all the slackers on long boards and playing hacky sack.

Sadly it is a random drawing...but it does make it easier...Brammo won't have to read a thousand pages of people trying to get the ride for free :)

Gavin

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
OK, if I get the prized Enertia Plus I will hand out a bag of M&Ms that have Brammo printed on each candy to every person that asks me about the bike.

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
Honestly, I'm not to worried about winning the Enertia Plus. It would ne nice though! Until the researchers and manufacturers find a cheaper way to produce solar panels with a better transfer of energy, I wouldn't be concerned with that either. Here in WV we have cheap electrical power. Recharging here is not a worry. At home or at work. We are currently building a new GREEN home. I'd love to use solar panels to make all my power but economically, it just doesn't make any sense. A smaller PV panel use in conjunction with a small wind power system would be a nice option for my passive solar home. We may go that route when the prices come down. A small solar charging station for the Brammo and my future Tesla S would be a nice option.   

EDIT: The fact that I'm the only motorcyclist in West Virginia that's going to buy a Brammo Enertia Plus, should be reason enough for Brammo to give me one. How is anybody here ever going to change their thinking without see one of these on the road? Hey Brammo! Give an old, half disabled guy a break! Send me a new Brammo Enertia Plus. Thanks! ;)

SamM
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:14:25 PM by SamM »

Brammowannabe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
I think I'm #1381.  Is the order number the place in line you are?

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
Yes, it is!

SamM