Author Topic: Brammo and Sevcon - Integrated motors and controls  (Read 1932 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo and Sevcon - Integrated motors and controls
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »
Check out this article about Sevcon and its "integrated motor and control system for use in electric and hybrid vehicles. The Integra system combines a brushless permanent magnet AC motor with an inverter, a universal shaft and a fan, and is designed to replace separate drivetrain components with a single compact, high-efficiency system, thus saving space and weight."

At the end of the article:
In another recent order, Sevcon is supplying the controls for an electric motorcycle (shown above) which is due to go on sale in Europe later this year. The Enertia Plus bike, developed by US-based Brammo, will have a top speed of about 100km/h and range of around 130km. Sevcon is supplying the controls for the bike’s 13kW sealed, brushless permanent magnet AC motor, which draws 80A and delivers 40Nm of torque. The $8,995 bike will be powered by an 88.8V, 6kWh lithium-ion battery.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo and Sevcon - Integrated motors and controls
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »
Coincidentally, my sepex GPR-S uses a Sevcon controller and I just purchased the programmer for the controller. The Sevcon controller is very versatile, but seems to be made for use in various industrial electrical equipment and is not specialized for motorcycle use. The programmer that I have seems to work well, but like a lot of electrical things, you do have to know what you are doing. I have both the controller and programmer manuals on my computer as PDF files, should anyone want a copy.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo and Sevcon - Integrated motors and controls
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
Coincidentally, my sepex GPR-S uses a Sevcon controller and I just purchased the programmer for the controller. The Sevcon controller is very versatile, but seems to be made for use in various industrial electrical equipment and is not specialized for motorcycle use. The programmer that I have seems to work well, but like a lot of electrical things, you do have to know what you are doing. I have both the controller and programmer manuals on my computer as PDF files, should anyone want a copy.

In other news:

Several Enertia plus owners have been fined for public endangerment after having been spotted travelling to and from their destinations on only their rear tire.