Author Topic: Brammo Enertia Arbitrage  (Read 2961 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Enertia Arbitrage
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »
Check out this ad from the San Francisco Craigslist:
If you are thinking about upgrading to the Enertia Plus because you would like to take advantage of the $2500 owner appreciation discount Brammo is offering, the $1500 California rebate program and the federal tax incentives, I will buy the Enertia you currently own. We both will come out on this deal and with the incentives listed above it will be an inexpensive upgrade for you. I have cash.

Let us know if you (Highlander? Bueller?) take him up on the deal.  I think he might be wrong about the Brammo Loyalty discount applying to him as a second owner, but, to be honest, I haven't checked the terms of the discount lately.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo Enertia Arbitrage
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
maybe he just wants an Enertia for cheap. Personally, if I could pick up an Enertia for a few grand I'd be happy with that, even though I'd far rather have a plus.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »
I do not think the craiglist ad buyer is looking for the loyalty discount. I think the ad is targeting someone like one of us who is likely to sell our Enertia, so we buy an Enertia Plus with the loyalty discount.

The craigslist buyer wants to pay $3,000 for a used Enertia.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:25:53 PM by Phantom »

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »
Interesting, but I'm currently waiting on more info about the Plus...depending on battery life cycles it might actually be a downgrade for me although that would depend on how quickly the capacity degrades (chances are that it would be an improvement).  I should have lots of time at least since they aren't even available for some time yet.