Author Topic: Brammo and MotorcycleUSA at TTXGP Infineon  (Read 2569 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo and MotorcycleUSA at TTXGP Infineon
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
Motorcycle-USA partners with Brammo

From motorcycleUSA:
Editors Note:
MotoUSA will be there along with our wonder kid Steve Atlas who will be competing in the first round of the TTXGP aboard the Brammo Empulse. Brammo, who hails from the same community as MotoUSA will be putting their best foot forward in an effort to gain recognition for their all new good-looking high performance electric motorcycle. We wanted to wait to make this announcement but we figured this would be a good time to tip our hand. Climb on folks, this is going to be a wild ride at Infineon
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:37:51 PM by Brammofan »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Liv2xplore

• Just a goofy conservative that loves E.V.'s
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo and MotorcycleUSA at TTXGP Infineon
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »
I can just see Brammo successfully competing against $40,000 and up electric motorcycles. This should be great!
Being Conservative doesn't mean loves Big Oil.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:08:42 AM »
That's going to be tough. Electric bikes that are competing in races these days are designed specifically to win those races, while Brammo's bikes are designed to be sold to the general public. Making a bike that can be mass-produced means that you have to make a bunch of trade-offs to keep the price reasonable. Then again, perhaps the Empulse RR is sufficiently different from the regular Empulse that it can win against those race specific bikes.

Whatever happens, I'll be cheering for team Brammo (and for electric bikes in general! ;D)
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
The Enertia TTR powertrain seems like it's more similar to the Empulse than to the Enertia. Liquid-cooled motor (PERM 150W enertia TTR, PERM 156W empulse, PERM 120L enertia?), lithium ion batteries. With that in mind, I wonder what changes the Empulse RR has made over the Empulse - is it closer to the stock bike than the Enertia TTR vs Enertia is?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:16:50 AM »
I posted on Motorcycle-USA's Facebook page:
I hope you'll be posting some information about your partnership with Brammo on their Empulse RR electric racebike.

and they just answered:
Motorcycle USA We are already in the works on doing a First Ride and taking it to the track.

Exciting stuff!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
Update from www.elmoto.net:

Originally Posted by Warren 
Whoa! Does this mean I'll be able to see a Brammo at VIR this year?
 You could bring some of those Hungarian Empulses too. I'll bring my checkbook. :-)

From BrammoBrian:

We'll definitely be at Infineon, but we haven't committed to the remainder of the events just yet. If we have a good showing at Infineon, then I'd think it would be likely we'd show up at the other events as well. Look for an update from recent testing to be published on MotoUSA.com by our race rider and motojournalist, Steve Atlas.

The other teams have been awfully quiet leading up to this race (with less than a month to go!)... It'll be interesting to see whom and what show up on race day!

Here's a couple of photos from testing prior to getting our race rider on the bike. This is me and you can figure out the place...

Liv2xplore

• Just a goofy conservative that loves E.V.'s
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
Saw the photos of the Brammo set up for the race. Looks great! Bigger battery, aerodynamic fairing, heavier duty swing arm, super lightweight wheels. Only "based" on the Empulse. The fun part is seeing what they come out with next based on the racing research! Last time they went from the Enertia (great commuter bike) to the Empule! What's coming next? Racing drives research and Brammo loves racing!
Being Conservative doesn't mean loves Big Oil.