Author Topic: Saving/Selling for a new Brammo Enertia!  (Read 5936 times)

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought my last NEW gasoline powered vehicle!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 10:54:10 PM »
Well, here it is! My last NEW gasoline powered vehicle. I may have to purchase a few beater gas powered cars to get me through for awhile but I will NEVER buy another new vehicle unless it is electric. The bike is a new leftover 2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF. I have already started to change it around a little. It reportedly gets 70mpg and I bought it to ride until my Brammo Enertia Plus arrives. Since Brammo doesn't even know where they will build it yet, I seem to have a lot of time left until it arrives. I got a sweet deal on the KLX. Just around $2000 off MSRP.

Hopefully, Brammo will get this worked out soon and let us know when to expect our bikes! I hated to spend the $3300 out of my Brammo fund but I need a bike to ride. ::)

SamM

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Saving/Selling for a new Brammo Enertia!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »
Well, if you have to ride a gas bike, that's a mighty fine choice at a pretty unbeatable price.  Cool!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Saving/Selling for a new Brammo Enertia!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »
Thanks Brammofan!

Riding bikes is what I do. Since I'll probably not see number 897 until late 2012 or maybe even 2013, I really didn't have much of a choice. I had to buy something. My KLR is in Texas getting a new engine conversion. Using less fuel is very important to me and the KLX gets 70mpg. Until the economy finally does crash, I'll have to carry on as usual. Hopefully, my Enertia Plus will arrive before that happens. Until then, that still means buying fuel from the Middle East.

Today we had our first 80+ degree weather but Sundays are family day. No riding! The rest of the week looks crappy. So far I only have 120 miles on the new bike. That should change as the weather gets better.

SamM