Author Topic: Australia  (Read 4139 times)

Aussie

• View Profile
Australia
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »
Will the electrical bikes be build and sold in Australia anytime soon?
I understand that the charging for them is on US voltage, will be any difference for Australia (220V at 50hz)?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:26:41 AM »
Hi Aussie, and welcome to the forum.  I am not aware of any plans to manufacture the bikes in Australia.  As a matter of fact, I don't know the answer to any of the questions you've asked.  However, some of the gents from Brammo drop in occasionally to answer questions.  Hopefully they will do so here.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

brammoHKjames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
Maybe I can help answer one question:  Yes, the charger will handle 220V 50Hz, it is the same as the European, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore standards.

As I understand, there is no current dealer in Australia... Unsure of the import regulations for new vehicles and the type approval required to license on the road where you are.  It's easy enough to purchase and import an Enertia, the challenge would be getting a plate on it to use on the road.

Hope this helps in some way...let me know if you need more info!

Thanks!
James

pegaxs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:39:30 AM »
I looked into importing one of these for myself. I thought it would be a while before a distributor was willing/able to take on this brand in Australia. And there in lays the problem. Because it is a new vehicle, it is not eligible to be imported into Australia unless the manufacturer sends a letter to the appropriate government body stating that it has no plans now or in the future of importing this motorcycle into Australia, something i cant personally see Brammo doing and something i would hate to see them do as i would like to see full volume import and support in Australia.

If only i had the capital to setup being the direct importer, i would would love to get onboard with Brammo. It is a very exciting prospect with what can see is a very impressive range of bikes compared to what is already available on the market. The only EV bikes currently available in Australia in any volume is Zero, and that's ok if you like the whole motard thing.

Anyway, i will keep looking into it and trying to get these bikes here and what i can do to assist... Just wish our government would give us rebates on buying EV's :/

Courcheval

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »
Living in Australia, you are a lucky lil fellow who can buy a stealth bomber electric bike without having to pay import taxes, shipping and taxes over taxes.

http://stealthelectricbikes.com.au/stealth_bomber.html

If i was living there, i wouldn t resist the call of a pedal bike going at 80 km/h with 70 km autonomy recharging in just 2 hours!

http://stealthelectricbikes.com.au/stealth_bomber.html