Author Topic: Enertia Plus in June????  (Read 6713 times)

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Enertia Plus in June????
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:36:14 AM »
Here's an excerpt from Brammo's Facebook page.
Yesterday = Saturday...
Interesting so looks like the Enertia plus is going to make it for 2011 after all, which also means, single speed only for now...
But I may be tempted to get this for now, till the new empulse comes our and then use the 2500 credit from brammo and the tax credit i may have a chance of getting this year and not next...
thoughts?

Cameron Clavin
when it the Enertia plus coming out?
Yesterday at 7:00pm · Like ·

Brammo Production starts in June and there should be bikes in US dealers shortly after then.... unless Asian and European dealers order them all !!!
7 hours ago · Like

Cameron Clavin If I pre-ordered one online would I have a better chance at getting my hands on one?
5 hours ago · Like

Brammo We will pass the pre-orders to dealers and they will fulfill those pre-orders first....so I would pre-order if I were you.
5 hours ago · Like
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:43:28 PM by WanderLust »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Enertia Plus in June????
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
Interesting because I thought Brammo was going to email those who pre-ordered 3 months before the bikes were to be delivered.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »
I had to go and find these posts/comments myself to prove they were accurate.  (No offense, WanderLust... there's a lot of misinformation flying about). 

I admit I'm surprised to hear this news.  Either things are going much better/faster than I'm aware of, or someone at Brammo mis-spoke.  We'll find out soon enough.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »
Interesting because I thought Brammo was going to email those who pre-ordered 3 months before the bikes were to be delivered.

Right?

I had to go and find these posts/comments myself to prove they were accurate.  (No offense, WanderLust... there's a lot of misinformation flying about). 

I admit I'm surprised to hear this news.  Either things are going much better/faster than I'm aware of, or someone at Brammo mis-spoke.  We'll find out soon enough.
None taken Brammofan, I would expect nothing less of you :D
I was just going thought their FB page last night, and I pretty much jumped outta bed when I read that comment...
And for the record, I hope it's the former, that would be swell, and we can get off Brammo's back for not getting out at least something this year.

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
I was thinking about this a little more, it is possible that even if production starts in June, lets say mid or end June, by the time they actually have significant numbers to push to dealers, send them out to the dealers and have them ready for sale, it may just be late August or even September or later...
so maybe they think they haven't hit that 3 month mark yet...
3 months from Production and 3 months for Delivery are two very different things...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 01:23:49 PM »
3 months from Production and 3 months for Delivery are two very different things...
True.  We will have to wait until they chime in.
Meanwhile, they're racing the Empulse RR this weekend at Infineon, and will be racing the Engage and Encite  in another motocross event later this month.  The " 'lil company that could" is spread rather thin.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Well my services are still available for some pre-delivery testing of the Plus....

Or they could just sell me one :)

The tougher choice will be if the Plus is pushed back and all Brammos models come out in 2012...then I just might go dual sport SMS model...(my heart kinda belongs to the Plus, but I could get quite a bit of use out of an off-road model).

city commuter on the weekdays and back-road thrash-about** bike on the weekends...heck even if the Engage isn't here till 2012, well I could easily put a couple to a few thousand test mile on an Engage SMS for them between now and then...I do ride everyday here in the beautiful Southwest.

Maybe we should start a thread of all those willing to be test riders...of course that list would likely be every member here :)

Gavin

**and by "back-road thrash-about bike", what I mean to say is "Bike I will treat as gentle as a newborn Harp Seal pup".

photo of Harp Seal pup volunteering to be a Brammo test rider...of course the lack of opposable thumbs makes driving the Engage and Encite models a bit tougher. Plus the back flipper basically eliminates any shifty model.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:58:30 PM by Gavin »

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »
Interesting so looks like the Enertia plus is going to make it for 2011 after all,

On the "pre order" page for the Enertia+ on the Brammo site: http://brammo.com/store/Enertia_Plus_True_Blood_Red/ you can read: "Available Mid 2011"...

CBke

05Sultan

• Enertia Master
  • Machina #1065 Empulse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 04:02:58 PM »
So this little Harp seal waddles into the bar and hops right up onto a bar stool. The bartender,not real surprised, says " What'll it be guy?"
Harp seal replys,
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

"Anything but a Canadian Club on the rocks."

I'll get my coat and leave now........
"I just drank what?"-Socrates

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:22:43 AM »
This is great news, if it's true.  It's fantastic that Brammo's working on new models & prototypes, but the best thing they can do in my view, is get products into buyer's hands.  That'll get people even more excited about the models they've got in the pipeline.  I'll be really curious to see how the revisions to the design and the new batteries work.
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 12:02:44 AM »
Great news! Where are they being built?

SamM

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »
Mmmm, hopefully it is June or July....launching a new motorcycle in Sept or later is usually not very effective. Riding season for most is ending around then.

Of course the Plus might not be considered a "new" model as much as an update...and riding season is blurred when talking worldwide market. Sept is spring down under and in South America.

But traditionally here in the states you will sell a lot of bikes in the spring and early summer and very few in the fall, almost none in the winter...but maybe Brammo wants a slow build up?

Gavin

Either way I would love a Plus or SMS ASAP....2012 is soooooo far away....

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »
Hmmm, that Enertia Plus page now says "mid-2011."  Subtle, but a change.  (UPDATED - DUH... I didn't read this thread carefully enough... it was a poster who said June, not Brammo)

I'm not sure if these are being built at the Ashland facility or, perhaps one of the Flextronics facilities.  If Flex is working on them, they would likely be at the Hungary location.  We need to find a mole.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:28:25 AM by Brammofan »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »
Well if they are made in Hungary, well Europe and Asia will be getting them all likely.

I don't imagine Brammo will be shipping many from Hungary to the US...shipping will eat any money saved by cheaper labor. I assume the US bikes will be made local (Oregon or maybe Mexico). But assuming is a dangerous game. So who knows...well hopefully Brammo knows :)

As for Mid 2011....I think it has said that for some time now.

Gavin

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
Mmmm, hopefully it is June or July....launching a new motorcycle in Sept or later is usually not very effective. Riding season for most is ending around then.

Of course the Plus might not be considered a "new" model as much as an update...and riding season is blurred when talking worldwide market. Sept is spring down under and in South America.

The Enertia became commonly available in November 2009 so I'm not sure Brammo is very concerned about the date.