Author Topic: Engage info?  (Read 4718 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Engage info?
« on: May 12, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »
Ok so two things....

1) Will there be an Engage/Encite forum here?

more importantly...

2) does anybody know the difference between the SMR and SMS version of the Engage...other that the 2k price?

Thanks

Gavin

mykb13

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Engage info?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »
I think I read somewhere that the SM"R" is the Race version and the SM"S" is the Street legal version (headlight, tail light, turn signals, etc.).

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
I was going to do the same thing with Engage and Encite that we have done with Empulse and Enertia (and Enertia Plus). 
Anyone want to chime in with opinions?  This is, of course, a democracy.
 :-X :D

Just kidding.  It's actually a duocracy.  Me and Skadamo.  But we're really interested in your views and want this to be the best Brammo Forum on the internets.

So.... thoughts? Yay or nay?

The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
Yeah, R for race, S for street...but I'm pretty sure the R comes with lights....at least the prototype models on the Brammo site do (green bike is marked at SMR).

And not sure a few lights = 2k in higher price...

Thinking maybe, MAYBE...big big guessing here....that the R will have smaller battery that is swappable...the S will have a larger battery that is not swappable (racing could benefit from swapping...street riding not so much)....so street model is better for commuting and some fun off road riding...range similar to Plus...say a 4-5kwh battery pack vs 6 for the Plus. 70-80 miles of commuting...a bit less than an hour of wot off road riding.

Race model is better for off road riding and some city commuting...but keeps smaller swappable pack for fast changes at races. Pack is 3 to 4 kwh giving 40-50 miles of commuting or 30-40 minutes of WOT off road racing.

Now this is all guessing and very very VERY likely WRONG...

Waiting on info and specs and time frame for delivery....still most likely getting the plus...but the idea of a dual sport bike is interesting....

Went over to zero and checked out their bikes again...range just seems too short and I've never loved their styling...

Of course my dream style bike would be Brammo making a triumph t-100 clone electric bike...I could try to do one as a conversion but I would surely electrocute myself...and don't call me Shirley.

Gavin

(make an electric as pretty, iconic and functional--bench seating for 2--as this...hard to do as the engine and pipe actually add to the beauty...but if it was easy then anybody could do it :). )

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:12:37 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
I was going to do the same thing with Engage and Encite that we have done with Empulse and Enertia (and Enertia Plus). 

Just kidding.  It's actually a duocracy.  Me and Skadamo.  But we're really interested in your views and want this to be the best Brammo Forum on the internets.

I would think they deserve a forum sooner or later...traffic should be looking for info sometime soon...

Gavin

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 01:08:36 AM »

I say Yay, our fearless, noble, enlightened Dear Leader.... :)

webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
Gavin, that T100 looks exactly like mine, except I replaced the black plastic front fender and the chain guard with chromed steel parts and I installed a set of cool Staintune mufflers, which have a nice bark and allow access to the rear axle without removal. Naturally, I continue to get buttonholed by people my age coming over to me and saying they used to have a Triumph like that, back in the day.

Regarding the Engage and Encite forum question, I vote for a separate section for these models. It seems to make sense. I also vote for a revision to the spell checker that can deal with Brammo E-words. I keep getting these red lines under the names of most Brammo models.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
Okay, okay, we'll add the Engage and Encite subforums.

I'll check with skadamo about the spellchecker. I guess I assumed it was a function of the browser's internal dictionary.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
if you ever sell the bike richard, let me know :)

Gavin

ps...this thread would be improved by adding a nice photo of your ride Richard :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:50:01 AM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
Just a heads up: I'm going to move the existing Engage and Encite discussions over to their own subforums.  Not sure how I'll split them up if they mention both, but likely will put them in the forum of the model they mention most.