Author Topic: Brammo gives away another Enertia...  (Read 1876 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Brammo gives away another Enertia...
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
According to Twitter Brammo gave away an Enertia at TechCrunch...dang Geeks have all the luck....

Will try and find more info (photo of event and such).

While Brammo is in a giving mood, maybe they can give away a Plus to a forum member :) 

Since Brammofan already has one, perhaps they can give one to, oh I don't know, maybe to who ever has the second most posts here, whoever that might be :)

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo gives away another Enertia...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »
http://tcrn.ch/laoect - here's the video from that event.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
BrammoSays BRAMMO
RT @brammocraig: We are going to give away an enertia at techCrunch disrupt. Tell us why it should be you( on stage) #TCDisrupt #Brammo

at an outreach clinic in freaking Gallup, New Mexico and can't see the images on these horrid, old computers....should have brought my iPad, but I doubt they have WiFi here anyways...

will look at photos and video when I get home late tonight...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »
well I can't see the photos, but I can see some of the video...

Looks like a red Enertia? Would it be a Plus or is it a special version of the standard Enertia?

Personally Red is my least favorite color so I am suddenly "SLIGHTY" less jealous...though I surely wouldn't turn away a red Enertia in the least :)

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
well I can't see the photos, but I can see some of the video...

Looks like a red Enertia? Would it be a Plus or is it a special version of the standard Enertia?

Personally Red is my least favorite color so I am suddenly "SLIGHTY" less jealous...though I surely wouldn't turn away a red Enertia in the least :)

Gavin

If they gave away a Plus, then they would have to admit that they exist. So I am pretty sure that the Enertia that was given away had no pluses attached.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
It was orange, and was not a Plus.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 06:49:05 PM »
cool...the images i saw out on outreach had a reddish color...probably just bad monitor set up...

seems the orange was not actually given away as it was owned by a local customer...I'm assuming Alan....still hella cool that Brammo gave one away.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »
seems the orange was not actually given away as it was owned by a local customer...I'm assuming Alan....still hella cool that Brammo gave one away.
I missed that -- Hmmm. I bet it was Alan's.  Good call, Gavin.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
Wrote a little article about this event, with an Alan update:

Brammo Enertia - FTW

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 01:56:20 PM »
So, I read Brammofan's write-up and thought, this guy can't be that annoying.  In all honesty, he didn't upset me too much throughout most of the interview.  But, then he "called out" Elon Musk and said that he was waiting for his SpaceX rockets to convert to electricity.  I'm listening to this while I'm sitting at work and I almost completely lost it and yelled at this guy.  That is one of the most ignorant things I have heard in the Alt-energy/eco field in a long time.  What does he think, they're going to burn the batteries to create thrust?  Or, maybe attach giant fans to the rocket?  He also wondered why the plane he flew over on wasn't electric-drive.

Here's an idea:  why don't we take the biggest, heaviest, most terribly inefficient modes of transportation and convert them to run off electricity.  Brilliant!

Honestly, I like the work that this Runkle guy has done and I think his engine is fairly promising, but he lost me with that rocket comment
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
So, I read Brammofan's write-up and thought, this guy can't be that annoying.  In all honesty, he didn't upset me too much throughout most of the interview.  But, then he "called out" Elon Musk and said that he was waiting for his SpaceX rockets to convert to electricity.  I'm listening to this while I'm sitting at work and I almost completely lost it and yelled at this guy.  That is one of the most ignorant things I have heard in the Alt-energy/eco field in a long time. 

+1

Your first mistake was doubting my opinion about being annoying.  If I know anything, it's about being annoying.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
Another video of Craig Bramscher at Disrupt NYC.  (Check out the second video this page).

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »
But, then he "called out" Elon Musk and said that he was waiting for his SpaceX rockets to convert to electricity.
Honestly, I like the work that this Runkle guy has done and I think his engine is fairly promising, but he lost me with that rocket comment

I think that he was being sarcastic. Not a very pleasant way to behave. :(

He also wondered why the plane he flew over on wasn't electric-drive.
Here's an idea:  why don't we take the biggest, heaviest, most terribly inefficient modes of transportation and convert them to run off electricity.  Brilliant!

Yes, battery powered planes exist right now, and they're very popular too -
If you want to use electricity to propel your aircraft, you're going to be limited to propellers, which don't work very well at high altitude. (An Ion Engin runs mostly on electricity, but is only really suited for space. :P) The biggest hurdle right now is still energy density - 1 gallon of gas = 33kW (2:40 in that second video), and batteries are heavy, which is not good for an airplane. Then again, if you go solar, battery weight becomes a non issue! :D

Bramscher made an excellent point about the ICE being less than 40% efficient after 100 years of development, but batteries have been around for about as long. They have been improving, but we're nowhere near gasoline's energy density.

After all that, however, I still want an electric bike! 8)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:37:11 AM by FreepZ »
Richard #935 #595 #44