Author Topic: Electric Brammo Encite with IET technology FLY BY  (Read 9775 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Electric Brammo Encite with IET technology FLY BY
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:48:39 PM »
Here's another video from S.M.R.E.'s video channel:

Electric Brammo Encite with IET technology FLY BY
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Electric Brammo Encite with IET technology FLY BY
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »
I'm really glad you posted this.  I was on the road and this came up on my email.  I wanted to post it to the forum but it's kind of a hassle to do so from my phone.  Pretty cool footage, isn't it? :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
I'm just happy that S.M.R.E. like to show off what they are doing. Every few days I like to watch their dyno test to see (and hear) the shifter in action. *Drool* S.M.R.E. just seem a lot more willing to grab a camera and film what they are up to, regardless of polish, while (with a few exceptions, like the burnout video) Brammo appears to want to only show something polished. For example, the video of the Flextronics factory was very well produced, but I'm pretty sure that everybody on this forum would have been ecstatic with the raw footage. If Brammo really wants to get us fired up, I would suggest doing something like this:
Every week or two, show a 5-10 second clip that shows us anything about Empulse or Plus development. A slow pan over some minute part of the bike, a glimpse of the factory, wiring harnesses, folks riding prototypes, whatever.

I can appreciate that Brammo wants to control public perceptions and keep the information about their bikes under wraps, but they don't seem to mind S.M.R.E. sending videos out about the Encite, so why not do the same with their other bikes? The lack of any news from Brammo is making the Great Wait rather painful.
 :(
Richard #935 #595 #44

thespecialone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Brammo
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:35 PM »
Well I am glad you enjoyed the footage from Italy (and Sarvar - even though it was edited).  As you can imagine we have to tread a fine line with what we release. While some people find video teasers enjoyable others find them incredibly frustrating. However we hear what you are saying and as always we value Forum opinions and feedback. We are about to announce a new hire in this area so I will make sure Peter is aware of your desire for more frequent glimpses behind the scenes...his appointment will include a short "raw video" clip so hopefully you will see this as a small step in the right direction.... Thanks for the feedback.
Adrian

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:51:53 AM »
The burnout video did its job.  It proved it the Empulse could do burnouts.  I've been under the impression that most emotos available for sale, and EV/PHEV cars for sale right now really can't pull off something like that.  (I could be absolutely wrong of course, but pics or it didn't happen...)  In the EV car world, you've got to have a Tesla to do that.  

I really don't do burnouts very often, just like I don't do 100 MPH very often.  But both are psychologically important for me to think of the Empulse as a "real" motorocycle.  Wheelies and stoppies are the same way.  I rarely do either, but the difference for me between a commuter e-moto and a full-blown replacement for a gasser is the ability to do this hooligan stuff.

So I liked the burnout video, even though shortie needed a curb....  *grin*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:53:37 AM by 1416 »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »
Hey, even an Enertia can do a burnout . . . with enough help:

Brammo at the Lucky Brewgrille.wmv

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
Cool video, but I thought these bikes where supposed to be emissions free?  ;D

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »
Only if they are charged from emissions-free energy and if the rider isn't tempted to investigate the effects of severely over-heating various rubber compounds..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »
Hah!  That's awesome!  I'd never seen that one before. 

burn baby, burn!!  I wonder how many days it took before the smell of burned rubber finally completely went away.    ;D

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Electric Brammo Encite with IET technology FLY BY
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
I wouldn't have done it without the approval of management. I think they may have regretted the decision. :/