Author Topic: Having serious issues with throttle  (Read 4676 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Having serious issues with throttle
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
That's certainly concerning!

Other than a motorcycle towing service, one way to get to Scuderia in SF would be to take advantage of the public chargers in the route. For example, I know there's a free bank of Chargepoint units in the municipal parking garage on Miller St. in South San Francisco. Making the trip on El Camino Real would be a way to extend your range by avoiding the freeway.

Sorry this is happening!

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »
What year is the Enertia?  Did the tech find out what's wrong with it?
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

chansuresh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 09:20:55 PM »
Status update:  After 2 attempts to fix the problem at the former Brammo dealer which failed, it was determined that the cause of the problem was a demagnetized motor due to "my hard riding" (as though they saw it and riding within speeds the bike was capable of, which is below speed limit, was my fault).  The recommended solution: a new motor costing thousands, non-returnable and with no guarantees it would fix the problem.  Then after many months of wrangling with Brammo / Victory / Polaris, the Brammo svc manager found a lightly used motor that was shipped to me at much lower cost. I fit it in myself over the holidays and its running ok around the block. I will probably have it back at a dealer, and with the help of aforementioned Svc manager have them tune the motor controller and make sure everything is ok the way I put it in, before I will return it to full service.

Patience! Patience! Patience! But didn't want to let go of the ride I love!

Through all this, I must say that the only person who cared was the Svc Mgr from original Brammo (who no longer own the motorcycle division) - he was understanding, helpful, did his best! Can't say the same about the "for-profit big corporation" that bought Brammo.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 11:56:43 PM »
Wow, what a sad saga!

I'm really curious to read what some of our more tech-savvy inmates have to say about a motor that was demagnetized from being run???

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »
With my toy cars, the thing that causes motors to demagnetize is over-temperature.  We utilize IR thermometers to select the pinion gear that gets the best performance without allowing the motors to exceed a specific temperature.  The exact maximum temperature depends on the motor but is usually around 170 degrees Fahrenheit for small motors that are only run for 6 minutes or so, before they get to rest and cool down.

The log files should show what temperatures the motor reached and for how long.  Since you are likely out of warranty, you are probably stuck with the bill, regardless of the reason.  I would also expect the bike to reduce power to prevent the motor from overheating, you may need to fix that to prevent any future issues.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »
I've had some possible throttle issues too.  However, mine is the opposite.  When riding at any speed but mostly 30mph+ it will suddenly cut to zero and I lose power.  I have to turn the on/off switch off and then on again while riding and then it comes back.  It is intermittent.  I think it might be the on/off switch slipping to off from on but possibly the throttle....IDK