Author Topic: Mirror issues.  (Read 1788 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Mirror issues.
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
I've only ever seen one Enertia in real life and I've only ever owned one motorcycle, so my experience is limited. The Enertia that I did see had a problem with it's left side mirror that I've also seen on a Buel.

The mirror post is screwed on to the bike with a regular screw thread (clockwise tighten, anti-clockwise loosen). The problem is that the wind is constantly pushing that left mirror in an anti-clockwise direction. As a result, at some during the ride, the left mirron could suddenly swing back, rendering it completely useless. This happened to me while riding my friend's Buel, and I saw something similar happen to the Empules that was standing on the showroom floor (the salesman adjusted the mirror and it swung back.)

My bike (a Kawasaki) had a fixed mirror post and the mirror was mounted on a rather stiff ball joint for adjustment, so it never had that problem. There was no risk of something getting loose over time and then suddenly releasing.

Is the "flapping mirror" issue really a problem, or did just have the misfortune to see that issue on a couple of badly adjusted bikes?

A good solution to me seem to be to get rid of those mirror posts and use the bar end mirrors that have already been discussed on this forum.
[smg id=269 width=400]
Richard #935 #595 #44

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:41 PM »
While it could probably happen in theory, in practice I haven't had any issues. The only times the mirrors move are when a knock them while I'm off the bike or clip a car mirror during lane splitting.

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »
A lot of bikes have that same issue actually. I know my suzy does. As long as you tighten the adjustment arm properly (re: very tight) it doesn't go anywhere in the wind.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
Mine never had a flapping issue.  I think they might have used locktite on the threads.  The left side bar end mirror was the first addition to my bike so I didn't have a lot of time to test the stock mirror on the left. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki