Author Topic: Has anyone seen this picture of the Empulse with a 2nd rear seat before?  (Read 1672 times)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
So I ran across this picture on an old May 2011 blog.  I can't tell if this is a photoshop, or an actual image of the Empulse with a seat for a 2nd rider.  I don't remember seeing this before, does anyone know more about it?

I tried to upload the photo, but failed.  Click the linkie if you want to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.txchnologist.com/2011/the-take-who-holds-back-the-electric-motorcycle

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
At first, I was skeptical, and then I looked up close and saw passenger pegs. That seems like a tiny perch for a passenger. Obviously not designed for the US market. ;)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone seen this picture of the Empulse with a 2nd rear seat before?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
Am I missing something? Or maybe Brammo asked The Txchnologist to change the picture?  All I see is the completely stock Empulse with one set of pegs and definitely no extra seat room.  The only thing that looks somewhat like a passenger seat is the black plastic bulge of the brake light
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:19:11 AM »

Looks like this

Don't see a difference

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 01:21:45 AM »
I don't think there are passenger pegs, just the aggressive foot peg position of the original empulse.

Gavin

1lesscar

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 02:55:38 AM »
I don't think there are passenger pegs, just the aggressive foot peg position of the original empulse.

Gavin

+1 there is no place to mount passenger pegs. I much prefer to endanger only  my own life with a motorcycle. So, one seat is best for me.

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
Am I missing something? Or maybe Brammo asked The Txchnologist to change the picture?  All I see is the completely stock Empulse with one set of pegs and definitely no extra seat room.  The only thing that looks somewhat like a passenger seat is the black plastic bulge of the brake light

I think you are right.  From the angle on the picture, I thought at first it looked like a seat pad or something stretched all the way from the back of the seat to the back of the bike.  Now that I compare it to other pictures, I think it's just the brake light plastic, with all the details blocked out by the angle of the shot and the lighting.

Oh well.