Author Topic: BrammoBrian's RaceTech rear shock  (Read 3129 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
BrammoBrian's RaceTech rear shock
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »
Brian just tweeted:
Picked up a #racetech shock for my personal #Brammo #Enertia. Riding smoother than ever...

[smg id=281 width=400]

More on the Racetech modifications can be found on the forum, here and here, and comprehensively covered on the Wiki, here.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: BrammoBrian's RaceTech rear shock
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »
How much?

Will it be an option (like deluxe seat option or carbon fender option...)?

Gavin

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »
Looks like hard bags on the bike...last I heard they were still working on the mounting brackets, has that changed?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »
Quote from: HighlanderMWC
Looks like hard bags on the bike...last I heard they were still working on the mounting brackets, has that changed?
I was looking back at the Givi bag thread and Brian said this:
We've also designed a much more rigid mounting frame for these bags to allow you to carry more weight.

If you're interested in getting them, it sounds to me like all you have to do is order them.  I'm considering it myself, given that my search for a top box with a taillight seems to come to a dead end when I add in the "affordable" element.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »
out of stock...might have to wait a bit to get them B-Fan...

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
out of stock...might have to wait a bit to get them B-Fan...
Actually, the cat ate them.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
I am trying to order the Givi bags, but you do not have the option to order them if Brammo is out of stock.

I was thinking about buying them elsewhere, but I would prefer to buy them from Brammo.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
Here's a noob question: Why would anyone want to change the rear shock anyway? Isn't the one supplied by Brammo good enough? RaceTech's website make it seem like their's is 10 times better than the stock shock, but does it really make all that much difference?
???
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »
Here's a noob question: Why would anyone want to change the rear shock anyway? Isn't the one supplied by Brammo good enough? RaceTech's website make it seem like their's is 10 times better than the stock shock, but does it really make all that much difference?
???

One of the perennial activities of motorcycle owners is tinkering.  There's not too much to tinker with on the Enertia (until someone cracks the motor controller software) so that leaves us with suspension, tires/wheels, chain, handlebars, lighting, baggage, color and not much else. 

Is the Race Tech suspension better?  All you can do is read the reviews.  I'm not planning on changing anything like that on mine as it is adequate for my needs. 

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Quote from: HighlanderMWC
I was looking back at the Givi bag thread and Brian said this:
We've also designed a much more rigid mounting frame for these bags to allow you to carry more weight.

If you're interested in getting them, it sounds to me like all you have to do is order them.  I'm considering it myself, given that my search for a top box with a taillight seems to come to a dead end when I add in the "affordable" element.

Every time I've asked my tech (Jen, same as yours) she's told me that they had an issue with the brackets and we're still waiting on them.

SocalTech

• Enciter
  • My next bike
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
???

One of the perennial activities of motorcycle owners is tinkering.  There's not too much to tinker with on the Enertia (until someone cracks the motor controller software) so that leaves us with suspension, tires/wheels, chain, handlebars, lighting, baggage, color and not much else. 

Is the Race Tech suspension better?  All you can do is read the reviews.  I'm not planning on changing anything like that on mine as it is adequate for my needs. 

Suspension is always a controversial subject, however heres the story.

all manufactures build a product that will work for everyone, from ride position to tires and suspension.

someone who is 5' 8" and 150lbds will fit a bike better than someone like me who is 6' 4" and 260lbds and that is why aftermarket companies are out there, you can get bars with different angles, length and height and companies like Race Tech make suspension to the riders spec, ie: weight, ride style and road conditions.

i had mine set to my weight and ride style and normal CA roads, for me its perfect, and its like riding on air and yet if a lighter rider rides my bike they find it too hard and stiff.

i hope that answers your questions.