Author Topic: Empulse pre-orders  (Read 12103 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Empluse pre-orders
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »
As I see it, pre-orders are what may sway shops to become Brammo dealers. No doubt they will be provided with a list of nearby Empulse pre-order customers to contact as soon as the vehicle becomes available. Why wait for walk-in customers, when you already have a list of interested Empulse customers and their e-mail and home addresses? All you need is a dealer near you and if someone does not have a dealer nearby, the closest dealer can always ship the bike to the customer and handle the paperwork through the mail. I don't see a problem satisfying both Brammo dealers and pre-order customers as soon as the bikes are delivered.

That is the way BMW works. I special-ordered a new 2009 BMW F650GS in March 2008, before the bike was available in the U.S. The first U.S. bikes were made in June 2008, including mine, and were shipped to the U.S. in July. There they were held at BMW's warehouse until all of the pre-ordered bikes had arrived, along with enough of the model to provide every dealer at least one demonstrator to generate additional walk-in orders. I got my bike just as quickly as anyone - although not before anyone else. It seemed like a fair method for the dealers and worked out OK for me.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 07:15:06 AM »
Is there a way to check the status of my pre-order?
And is there an option to switch models, I would prefer a 2-seater if possible?
Thanks
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 07:36:20 AM »

Yes, it is my understanding that the pre-order holds your place in line until you are about 3 months from the time of shipment/or pickup. At the 3 month mark, I would assume a deposit is due on the model that will be available, if you want it. There are many potential changes to the unreleased Empulse since pre-orders were first being gathered. I would guess that the released Empulse will be better than what I thought I would get at the time of my pre-order.

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:55 PM »
Is there a way to check the status of my pre-order?
Thanks

I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind the option of having a two seater, but I don't think any of them are coming out two seaters as far as I know...

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
Actually, it seems that there will be room for riding two up. Don't know if passenger pegs are optional or standard.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
Yep...seems the word is: Empulse 2012, 2 seater....Enertia and Enertia plus 2012, single seat...

Gavin

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
That would be awesome.
"Hi there pretty lady, would you like a ride on my electric motorcycle?"
Vrooom Vrooom

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »
Vrooom Vrooom

Heh! More like:
Hummm.... hummm...

Or even:
*silence*...
Richard #935 #595 #44

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 10:47:47 PM »
Just placed my pre-order. #1542  I figure I have 6 months to get my life together. :D

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
Vrooom Vrooom

Heh! More like:
Hummm.... hummm...

Or even:
*silence*...
Yea, that's the only thing though... Hummmm  Hummmm doesn't sound as sexy...
But I'll deal with that, when I get the bike...

Just placed my pre-order. #1542  I figure I have 6 months to get my life together. :D

6 months? That would be nice... Some of us have been waiting since pre-orders opened... about a year and a half ago...

March3l

• First Dealer in the Netherlands
    • View Profile
    • Electric Motorcycles Nederland
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 06:55:07 AM »
#1565.....

And if it takes to long, i Will buy à zero s.  ::)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »
I was lucky enough to have a look at the 2012 Zero bikes after the Milan show.
The EU headquarters is in Alkmaar (Netherlands) close to where I live. And the bikes where there before being shipped back to the US.
The bikes look good, and shipment to Europe starts in march 2012.
I am really in doubt now...
Once you go EV, gas is history!

kagtha

• Coming Summer 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
I say don't jump the gun.The last thing you want is to have a less than superior bike after dropping over 10k.

I am not an expert but Brammo seems to ahead of the curve in many respects, I feel confident waiting a bit and letting Zero have their slap it together 100mph celebration.
Another optimistic fan of the Brammo Empulse Electric Motorcycle

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 03:02:49 PM »
Zero S won't have a 100 mph celebration. Did you mean 100 miles? The 2012 S can travel at 75 mph, though it can reach up to 88 mph for perhaps a minute or two to pass or whatnot.

I believe Brammo has stated that the Empulse can hold 100 mph for as long as the battery will hold it. Empulse can likely peak somewhat higher than 100 mph with the IET, particularly if the LATime's report from the Long Beach motor show about an even more powerful motor are accurate.

The 2011 Zero S is a pretty solid bike. The 2012 S has some significant improvements: regen braking, more efficiency in the EPA UDDS, more power, substantial increase in range -- accompanied by a higher price point.

Empulse will supposedly be in production this spring. Unless some part of the bike is a deal-breaker - the IET perhaps, though Brammo states that the bike can be left in gear and used as a direct-drive - then it makes sense to me to wait for a bit and see what the production Empulse will look like.

Best case for Brammo is the Empulse ships 2-3 months after Zero S, makes more power, meets its original price points, and IET significantly increases performance.

Worst case, Brammo has a lot of room to trip up: further production slips, unsatisfying or fragile IET, singular 10 kwh configuration or price hikes, real-world range significantly less than Zero.

While in a very real sense Zero and Brammo are market competitors, they are both driving the state of the electric motorcycle far forward. Both of them have significant work ahead of their spring launches, I hope they both execute well and that 2012 is the best year yet for electric motorcycle consumers.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

kagtha

• Coming Summer 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Empulse pre-orders
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »
Yes , I meant 100 mile range celebration. Thanks for clearing that up.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:17:28 PM by Brammofan »
Another optimistic fan of the Brammo Empulse Electric Motorcycle