Author Topic: Greetings from Ann Arbor, MI  (Read 3497 times)

Durgenbold

Greetings from Ann Arbor, MI
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »
Hello, I'm Chris Haddlesey from the mitten.

I've been a huge fan for about half a year now, and even though I'm only a Junior in highschool I'm devoted to getting a Brammo as soon as I go off to college (hopefully UofM, its across the street from my school  ;D).

It seems that not many people have heard of Ann Arbor, but its making its name in unexpected ways (such as being the starting point of the ShockingBarack trip)! We're all about being green and with the coming of Spring I see a bunch of motorcycles on the road, but Brammo hasn't reached out Midwest yet... Anyway, I do hope to contribute to the forum by brainstorming ideas and whatnot (I'll copy/paste my post from the fb fanpage shortly under mods).

Oh, and I just got back from my school's China trip. I was on the lookout for Brammos but the scooter market over there is flooded! I did see some cycles that looked suspiciously like Enertias but had the shiny plates taken off so that they blended into the crowd (possibly to save from theft, or maybe they were sold like that to shave the cost), but I could be entirely mistaken. I was in Beijing and Tianjin the entire time, and I've learned that it's only begun invading Hong Kong. I wish I could have gotten some pictures...

So that's my story. Hope to have some fun here!  :)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Greetings from Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  We're glad to have you as a fan of the Enertia.  It's really great that you got to take a trip to China as that is a really unique experience for someone your age.  I don't think I left the country until I was in college... and that was the Bahamas for Spring Break!

Durgenbold

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  We're glad to have you as a fan of the Enertia.  It's really great that you got to take a trip to China as that is a really unique experience for someone your age.  I don't think I left the country until I was in college... and that was the Bahamas for Spring Break!

These past two years have been really unusual for me, last summer I went to Japan with my Boyscout Troop and it was amazing, and then a few days after I came back I went on a cruise to Alaska! Besides Canada, these have been my only trips outside the country and they've all happened so fast! I feel really lucky that I've been able to go to all these places and I took a bunch of pictures and kept a journal for each of them. I don't want to feel like the snotty rich kid though because I don't take any of it for granted and I feel that the trips were justified enough (China trip was a highschool band tour since we just won as a Grammy Signature school, and Japan was because my Scoutmaster used to live in Japan and has a sister who still does and is also a Scoutmaster of a Japanese troop, so we had an amazing time).

I usually don't do so much traveling... :P Maybe it's funny that I only want to go to the college across the street on a Brammo for my future  ;)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »
Hi Chris... great to have a representative of the "youth" market on board.  I've been to China twice and was amazed at the two-wheeled vehicles--powered and unpowered--that they had.  I don't think any Enertias are over there yet, but maybe soon...
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Durgenbold

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 03:49:12 PM »
Hi Chris... great to have a representative of the "youth" market on board.  I've been to China twice and was amazed at the two-wheeled vehicles--powered and unpowered--that they had.  I don't think any Enertias are over there yet, but maybe soon...

Thank you! Reading the articles about it, I'm not finding anything specific about when they'll begin selling there...I guess I assumed they already were  :-X But I'm sure they'll be HUGE in China!

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Hey welcome!

Tony, a guy who builds electric motorcycle and race TTXGP at Mid Ohio is up close to you in MI.

http://experimentalev.wordpress.com/

Durgenbold

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »
Hiya, thanks for all the welcoming! I don't have too much to contribute but I'll do what I can!

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »
Hey, I know what you can ask for when you graduate!! That would be a great way to get an Enertia. A smart kid like you should be able to argue the point incedibly well!  ;) Good luck!!