Author Topic: The Road Less Traveled... (at least by me)  (Read 2251 times)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
The Road Less Traveled... (at least by me)
« on: April 17, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
Well, it seems Spring has sprung in the Rogue Valley.  We had a gorgeous day today and everybody, including myself, was out and about making the most of it.  A last minute trip to the mall by my better half meant I had time to sneak in a ride and be back to the house without her even realizing I was gone. I actually live in a little town called Talent situated between Ashland and the buzzing metropolis ( ;) ) of Medford.  I've been on bicycle rides around Talent, but mostly take my Enertia into Ashland to get into Brammo or meet up with people (many Brammo employees live in Ashland).  On my bicycle rides, I've noticed all of these little side streets winding their way up into the hillside, but never had the time, courage, or stamina to go exploring on my bike... Today, however, I didnt' have my bike... I had my magic carpet!... errr... I mean my Enertia!

The roads I found were epic!  The scenery was crazy picturesque... old barns, horse farms, log cabins being built, pear orchards in bloom, old farm equipment rusting away, trailer homes, and multi-million dollar mansions.  I probably only traveled a true 25-30 miles, but I feel as though I've just returned from a real adventure. Crazy thing is... it's been right in my backyard this whole time!

On one stretch of road, I happened across a Red Bull distribution truck and driver where he had stopped for a smoke.  I convinced him to give me a free drink and then he gave me the lowdown on where to go, himself owning a Yamaha 250 he used for similar exploration. He did warn me to avoid the dirt roads during "harvest season", as apparently alot of marijuana is grown up in the hills and the "farmers" don't like to be surprised... Right, sticking to the paved roads then...   

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
Re: The Road Less Traveled... (at least by me)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
Paved roads...I got it. Thats part of living in the Great Northwest!  ;D

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: The Road Less Traveled... (at least by me)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:34 PM »
I guess the real trick is just to know where you're going so you don't get stuck out in the middle of nowhere.  I tried to get service on my iPhone to use the GPS while I was out there, but I checked it right after I took the last photo and it wasn't able to locate me.  I guess the iPhone isn't quite ready to put the GPS companies (Garmin, etc...) out of business just yet.