Author Topic: Upright Handle Bars - Passenger Seat/Pegs  (Read 17144 times)

kagtha

• Coming Summer 2012
    • View Profile
Upright Handle Bars - Passenger Seat/Pegs
« on: October 10, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
I love Streetfighters....
and have the following wishes:

Upright handlebars
Ability to bring a small passenger
Low End Torque (Gears/clutch would be suffcient if all the rumors are true)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:36:58 PM by kagtha »
Another optimistic fan of the Brammo Empulse Electric Motorcycle

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upright Handle Bars - Passenger Seat/Pegs
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »
If you wish upon a star....  ;)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
Speaking of carrying a small passanger...

I would be happy if I could get something like a 50 lb back pack strapped to the bike. At the moment, it looks like the only way to carry cargo is to attach a set of saddlebags to the sides, behind the rider. If there is no way to attach my theortical 50 lb bag to the bike, and if it cannot fit into the saddle bags, I would have to strap it to myself, which would be a lot less comfortable.

I'm not at all worried about the weight being too much for the bike to handle since I'm only 150 lbs, and I'm sure the bike can carry 200 lbs, or more.
Richard #935 #595 #44

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »

I would be happy if I could get something like a 50 lb back pack strapped to the bike. At the moment, it looks like the only way to carry cargo is to attach a set of saddlebags to the sides, behind the rider. If there is no way to attach my theortical 50 lb bag to the bike, and if it cannot fit into the saddle bags, I would have to strap it to myself, which would be a lot less comfortable.

I'm not at all worried about the weight being too much for the bike to handle since I'm only 150 lbs, and I'm sure the bike can carry 200 lbs, or more.
I hope it can too, I'm a fairly big guy at around 195 lbs (dry weight :D)
But I'm sure it can!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

The Enertia / Enertia Plus are specced for a max weight of 600 lbs (324 lbs bike, 276 lbs rider + cargo).

The Empulse's weight is a bit higher - 360 lbs, 390 lbs, 420 lbs for 6, 8, 10kwh models - but I would expect to see at least the same rider + cargo capacity.

There's a bit of room behind the rider - might be able to strap a bag back there, but it'd be tight.

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
Personally, I don't need it to change anything. I like the way it looks in all promotional pictures. The streetfighter/cafe racer looks is just absolutely perfect. Just let me have it at once!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
Brammo posts on
that the Empulse will have passenger pegs.

Sam: Hey Brammo! When are the Empulses available? Is there a waiting list we need to get on, or can we buy them now? Also, is there any word on adding passenger pegs?

Brammo: Sam there is a waiting list of about 1800 you need to preorder NOW to get a bike next year. There will be room for two.

Emphasis added.

It looks like their 2012 production run will be on the order of 1000-2000 bikes, assuming some number of preorders cancel.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
Well, this is big news, right?  I wonder why this isn't released in the more traditional way, and why they didn't wait until EICMA to do so, given it's less than a month away.  My guess, someone slipped.  Heads will roll.  A blood coup is on its way.

Okay, maybe not, but SHEESH!!!   

Now, re: the news -- I'm psyched.  PSYCHED, I tell you.  I was very content with my Enertia.  Sure, the Empulse is awesome, but the Enertia serves my needs.  Never thought I'd be seriously tempted to go for the Empulse, as the speed and range, while nice, exceed my simple needs at this time in my life.

But a two-up?  How awesome would that be?  I had given up pestering them about this feature because they always responded with, "we're considering it" and "it will drastically decrease the range."

I don't know if I could ever get my wife to ride with me as she is convinced that each time I return from a ride unscathed and alive, I have cheated death yet again - but that I am that much closer to running out of karma and ending up dead... or worse (e.g. quadriplegic or some other condition requiring her to wipe my a$$).  But even if she won't ride with me, that doesn't mean I won't get someone else to ride.  Someone younger.  More adventurous.  Less inhibited.  And then my wife would divorce me, take the house, the car, the bikes, etc.  Okay, so maybe I'm not that tempted by the possibilities of a two-seater.

:-\

Oh hellz yeah, I'm excited.  ;D

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »

I don't know if I could ever get my wife to ride with me as she is convinced that each time I return from a ride unscathed and alive, I have cheated death yet again - but that I am that much closer to running out of karma and ending up dead... or worse (e.g. quadriplegic or some other condition requiring her to wipe my a$$).  But even if she won't ride with me, that doesn't mean I won't get someone else to ride.  Someone younger.  More adventurous.  Less inhibited.  And then my wife would divorce me, take the house, the car, the bikes, etc.  Okay, so maybe I'm not that tempted by the possibilities of a two-seater.

:-\

Oh hellz yeah, I'm excited.  ;D

Lol, always entertaining posts from brammofan... Anyway, this is huge news, HUGE! There are a lot more places both my wife and I can go together now, emissions free! The Empulse has just become that much more useful. Now that there is only the 10.0, i guess the hit to range is a lesser issue than before, right? Brammo, where do I need to send the blank check?

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
Additionally, we would be looking at quite the design change to the rear of the bike to accommodate another passenger... we may be seeing some big changes coming to the Empulse here soon. Hopefully not too many changes... loved the original. Looking forward to the EICMA reveal of the production version!

Cant wait to finally update my desktop wallpaper...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:01:06 PM by EmpulseBuyer »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:07:38 PM »
Very nice...any thoughts then on the Plus delay...could Brammo be adding two up there also?

A plus with bench seat for two ( even as an added cost add on) would rock my world...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
Don't count on it. It seems the updates from the 2012 Enertia bring it up to date with the Enertia Plus in every way but the bigger battery pack.

EmpulseBuyer, have you seen confirmation on dropping the 6.0 and 8.0 kwh models (besides that wired article a while back)?

I'm hoping they reveal the final production bike at EICMA.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:33:17 PM by protomech »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
Yeah, likely just "drunk at noon" thoughts....what happens in Vegas leads to liver failure...a failed Las Vegas slogan I think....

Gavin
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:41:40 PM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
Oh Gavin, that is an excellent photo... but be careful of the 'comped' drinks.  They just get you drunk enough to gamble more money.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
I hope they will only add the two-sitter and high handle bars as optional and not as standard. It completely changes the looks and feel of the bike. I think Gavin is right, it would be best on the Enertia Plus.

I got interested (obsessed?) in the Empulse exactly because of the fierce cafe racer look. 8)

At least, with Polaris's support, they probably will be able to have everything as optional like Polaris does.