Author Topic: Upright Handle Bars - Passenger Seat/Pegs  (Read 17142 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upright Handle Bars - Passenger Seat/Pegs
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »
EmpulseBuyer, have you seen confirmation on dropping the 6.0 and 8.0 kwh models (besides that wired article a while back)?

Yeah, have not seen this mentioned elsewhere but it makes sense to me and keeps things simple for Brammo.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
While I'd never argue with someone with Ninja in their name...

Dear Brammo -

I too love the streetfighter look, but, hey, I'm a guy that has, on purpose, no car, and I want a bike to be every bit as practical as it is sexy. Just maybe, this isn't as impossible as it sounds.

BMW seems to have gotten this down. My (now-wrecked-by-a-tourist) R1200R was a naked roadster and, assuming you lean toward the Teutonic Weirdness esthetic, looked fairly sharp when stripped down.

AND, I could add a back rack that would support a top trunk and really well-designed hard side cases and, woyla: I had a machine that I could haul around all my stuff for my job all day long AND run through the twisties on the weekend. I could put my helmet in a trunk while visiting the dozen or so clients I see every day. I could carry some rain gear. And a tire-repair kit.

I could also add a variety of windshields and even a half-fairing for long days on the superslabs, not that I'd be straying too far from home on an electric bike! But a little weather protection would be a welcome option, since I ride all day long, every working day, all year round.

I don't want much: I just want it all ;D

Brammo, think about the profit in accessories! Think about expanding your target market to include folks who actually want to use their streetfighter for something other than sheer thrills. Or just as eye candy.

You could lengthen and strengthen the back upper sub-frame so an occasional passenger will fit, side cases can be added and subtracted easily because of your clever engineering, a rack with a top case can be added.  You could make sure the design of the front end can accept Brammoshields in various heights. You're already in Italy with a partner, so talk to Givi!

I want to exhort you to think, as you have so beautifully demonstrated so far, WAY outside the box. Don't just give us yet another Universal Japanese Motorcycle, albeit electric, that pitches the weight onto the hands (mine are arthritic!) and jams the knees into the armpits, and can't haul anything other than the rider's asset.

I'll actually pay you to give me an Empulse work bike that I can also throw into a turn or two or 100.  It would be one sweet machine!

I just got a fat check for my wrecked bike and that money could be yours!

Bill in San Francisco

-------------------------
"Everybody's got a plan, until they get hit" -- Mike Tyson
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:22:16 PM by Shinysideup »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »
Brammo does offer Givi saddlebags on the Enertia. I wouldn't be surprised to see saddlebag options for the Empulse.

http://brammo.com/store/givi_saddlebags/
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
Oh Gavin, that is an excellent photo... but be careful of the 'comped' drinks.  They just get you drunk enough to gamble more money.

Ha...

A) I don't gamble...thus in many ways Vegas is soooo wasted on me.
B) I talk a bigger game than I play...that Bass ale at lunch just made me want to take a nap...sadly, but probably smartly, my wild days of youth are gone with the majority of my hair.... Sigh.

Gavin

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »

Ha...

A) I don't gamble...thus in many ways Vegas is soooo wasted on me.
B) I talk a bigger game than I play...that Bass ale at lunch just made me want to take a nap...sadly, but probably smartly, my wild days of youth are gone with the majority of my hair.... Sigh.

Gavin

Of possible interest: as a noob, I just looked up Brammo Motorsports on Google Earth. They are at 550 Clover Lane in Ashland and guess what's next door at 540? Yes, that's right, Caldera Brewing Co. Now we know the real reason for the Empulse delay! :D

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
Ha...nice find.

Gavin

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »
While I'd never argue with someone with Ninja in their name...

I don't disagree with the Empulse having accessories and options, as long as my options (the streetfighter look with the cafe racer handle bars) are among them.
What I don't want to see is a standard model that looks like a regular street bike without the option of making it look like the original design.
As options go, the more the merrier. I just don't want to be paying extra for what I wanted from the beginning.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
I don't disagree with the Empulse having accessories and options, as long as my options (the streetfighter look with the cafe racer handle bars) are among them.
What I don't want to see is a standard model that looks like a regular street bike without the option of making it look like the original design.
As options go, the more the merrier. I just don't want to be paying extra for what I wanted from the beginning.

Agreed! That's what's so great about options.

And I've yet to meet a farkle I didn't like, except for those which increase noise.

Who knows, you may be passing me one day, bent over on those sexy clip-ons! I'll know it's you because of the big grin.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 12:41:17 AM »
Thought I'd revive this thread to see if anyone knows the unknowable...

If it's really really true that 2-up is in the cards for the Empulse, might it also be the case that a luggage rack optional accessory could be in the works? There would be room. And having an optional rack would very much extend the appeal of this bike, IMHO.

While I'm as enamored by the cafe racer look as many folks seem to be, the reality is that I'm not a cafe racer and need my bikes to be practical.  I'd love it if I could add lockable hard side caases and even a top case. Or both. I use my bike on my job. I need to haul shi*t on a regular basis.

And with a real rack, unusual things like 40 lb bags of cat litter, a tire for mounting at the local MC shop, etc. can be Rok-strapped on for those special occasions.

Ideally, the whole setup could be something trick and elegant like my BMW R1200R where I could easily remove the side cases and top case and have a good-looking light machine to take on the twisties.

In short, I vote we have a machine that's WAY more than something ideal for posers, as much as I like posing!

Anybody know anything at this point in the Great Wait?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:51:27 AM by Shinysideup »

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:13 AM »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 04:46:05 PM »
Great Wait?

LMFAO!!!

Anyone? anyone?

Its been an information drought lately on the Empulse. I was thinking about putting myself in a cryogenic freeze to be thawed out when my Empulse is shipped, because I cant handle the wait any longer. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »
OMG, Empulse Buyer has been frozen since the middle of January and now it's March 1.

Are we gonna get any tidbits before the winds of the summer Empulse release finally thaw out the poor guy? Any at all?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
I thought I saw him right next to this guy:
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki