Author Topic: New Colorado EV tax credit information (FYI Income 67)  (Read 12036 times)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: New Colorado EV tax credit information (FYI Income 67)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
Not sure what the Colorado discount is, because it isn't listed, but I would imagine that its the full 6k.

The Colorado tax credit for this vehicle would be zero dollars.  It doesn't qualify because it isn't already listed and this is the only way for it to get added to the list:

"Q:  Can a vehicle qualify for this credit if it is not on the list?
A:  Yes. However vehicles must be approved, and the credit calculated by the Department of Revenue. Credits for manufactured vehicles must be applied for by the manufacturer"

Since Think can't apply for the tax credit because they are goners, these orphan Think City's can never qualify for the Colorado tax credit.  Personally, I think that is a good thing.  Because the whole point of the incentive is to kick-start the production of EV's so companies can get past the very expensive early adopter limited number stage and move on to mass production.  There is a larger goal besides just getting individual EV's into the hands of individual drivers, and giving a credit to Think would not achieve that larger goal.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Colorado EV tax credit information (FYI Income 67)
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Makes perfect sense 1416... I dream too much :). Not a bad price still, just couldnt see myself in one of these unless the price was VERY right.