Author Topic: Seven New Brammo Dealers - All Harley  (Read 2964 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Seven New Brammo Dealers - All Harley
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »
Hopefully, for me, Brammo adds the Albuquerque dealer

http://www.thunderbirdhd.com/

about 5 miles from my house...

as for service, eh, the Plus shouldn't need much other than tires and chain and brakes...I could likely do all that myself.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
Gavin -

You should fill out the "Dealer Referral" form on Brammo's website for that HD dealer:
http://www.brammo.com/dealer_referral/
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
will do...though I feel a little guilty...

i don't know if they are a good dealer or not, never dealt with them...but I would love a Brammo dealership here in Albuquerque and they seem like a likely candidate...

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »
I see a dealership near Orlando. I should be out there before the end of the year to check it out. Have family near there.

Woohoo! That's only a 45 minute drive from where I live. ;D I've been to that dealership once, just to try out a couple of HD bikes out, since I had never ridden a Harley before. It's a nice place, and the staff were friendly enough. I just didn't care for the bikes at all. If they are going to be selling Brammo bikes, I'm going back there as soon as I have a free weekend! (Perhaps I should call ahead first, to make sure that they have something to test ride... :P)
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Ok...so we know Polaris is working with Brammo...and vice versa...

So does Brammo keep these Harley dealerships? Or does Brammo go all Polaris?

Lots and Lots of Polaris dealers (one is 2.4 miles from my house...sweet)...

But just wondering...

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 11:32:44 AM »
It seems obvious to me that it's part of Brammo's long term plan to dominate the heavy cruiser market.
 :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »
I can see the tshirts now:

Large Batteries
Save Lives

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
I'd still like to see a heavy cruiser electric bike. It'd be heavy and expensive ... so basically the same as every other Harley : P The difference would be you could stick a very powerful motor in there with that large a pack..

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=640.msg3768#msg3768

Think similar specs to Chip Yate's bike, but double up the battery pack and really feed that motor.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »
You're looking for something like this?

http://www.blueshiftmotorcycles.com/

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
CBke

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 12:33:46 AM »
I'm not really thinking a cruiser style bike for the styling.

I'm thinking a bike that's stuffed so full of batteries it has no choice but to emulate the silhouette of a tourer or a cruiser bike. And with that large a pack, it may as well have a ridiculously huge motor.

Something like a Gold Wing.. 24kwh pack, 150-200kw motor at 6-8C discharge, 800ish lbs. Enough range (150-200 miles) and speed to make ICE bikes stand up and pay attention. 4 hour level 2 charge 6kw, 30 minute 80% level 3 charge.

Yeah, it would be a halo bike. Sort of like the Tesla Roadster. But doable for under $30k almost certainly, possibly well under.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 09:42:33 PM »
Going to a Harley dealership for service on my Brammo motorcycle is a deal breaker for me. I won't step foot into any H-D dealership. They have nothing that I want to see and nothing that I would own. I've had enough bad dealings with more than one dealership to not trust any of them to touch a bike of mine. Why, you ask? For years, I owned and rode only Buell motorcycles. Buying parts was a hassle, getting the bikes serviced was a hassle and the superior attitudes were totally uncalled for. The last straw was when they actually tried to kill me and destroyed my bike.  

SamM

That was not nice. Do you mean by killing Buell they did this?

I see a dealership near Orlando. I should be out there before the end of the year to check it out. Have family near there.

No, they were working on my bike... a Buell S1W, and failed to put it back together correctly. All of the primary bolts were left just finger tight. They gave me the bike back in this condition. Many of the bolts fell out on my ride home and oil leaked from the primary case all over the rear tire. The rear tire slipped when I was in a tight turn but thankfully I didn't loose it. When I pulled over and found the bolts missed and the oil on the rear tire and couldn't believe it. What were they doing! I tightened the bolts the best I could, cleaned off the tire and babied the bike home.

When I called the dealership, they actually had the nerve to tell me to bring it back to them and they would take a look at it. I said you did it! The primary bolts had to be replaced, the primary sprocket was cocked sideways and had to be rebuilt... all on my dime. Plus, I had to purchase a primary bolt kit. They never even offered to give me the parts. This was supposed to be a fairly easy job for them. The tech was an idiot and it was a Buell, so why would he care to fix it properly. If they couldn't handle a simple install, then why would I think they'd be able to fix the mess they made. More importantly why would I trust them with my bike again? Fool me once, but not twice! Not happening!

This is the worse thing that Brammo could possibly do. Stay far away from Harley-Davidson! They treated me like a second class citizen everytime I was in the place. The last straw was the destroyed primary. Before that I had grown very tired of the treatment and them trying to sell me a real bike... a Harley! What a joke! Everytime I was in the place these tatooed girls were trying to sell me t-shirts. Nobody ever mentioned bikes, unless I did. I kept thinking what's wrong with these people. Harley sells a lifestyle. I like my lifestyle. I don't need or want to date a 19 year old stripper, or get all tatted up and ride a paint shaker! I still have the wife of my youth and I think I'll keep her. They can keep their Harleys. Not interested and yes, I'll never step foot in the place again!

SamM  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:52:51 PM by SamM »