Author Topic: ZEV vs. Brammo Enertia  (Read 2383 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
ZEV vs. Brammo Enertia
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »
As reported in the unfortunately-named Gizmag.com:

American manufacturer ZEV has issued a fairly blunt challenge to other electric motorcycle manufacturers such as Vectrix, Zero Motorcycles and Brammo, by claiming to have the fastest and most powerful production electric scooter on the market in its US$7237 ZEV7000. "We tell them to bring their street legal production bike and to bring their betting money. There can be only one "fastest" street legal production electric motor scooter or bike in the world."

It's a big call to say your vehicle is the fastest on the market and call out your competitors like ZEV is doing - and it's an even bigger call when your bike's top speed is listed simply as "+113kmph/70mph."

What say you, Brammo owners and/or Brammo corporate-types?  Are we able to say, "Money talks, bullshit walks"?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ALephart

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • smart car forum
Re: ZEV vs. Brammo Enertia
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »
I would say Zero has the advantage at this point to recalibrating a stock bike to make it go faster, for how long? Who knows! Zero has 25% bigger battery and a faster 0-60 time stock from what I read. 0-60MPH in around 5 seconds versus the Brammo's 14 seconds. I think Zero got the increased top speed this year because if the addition of forced air cooling. This allowed Zero to "turn up the power" on the motor. They are set to 68MPH now. Please correct me if any of this is wrong!

All the best
Aaron Lephart

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: ZEV vs. Brammo Enertia
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:15 PM »
Don't believe everything you read...