General > Victory Empulse

Removing lower battery modules

<< < (2/2)

new-brammo-guy:
Korbin, did you need to drain the coolant fluid when removing the lower module? The manual makes it seem like you just unbolt the radiator and motor controller and tie them off to the side (while removing the lower module). Thanks a lot

Korbin Dallas:
I recommend that you do remove the radiator. you will need to drain the coolant. The water pump is mounted at the rear of the bottom module and is in the way. It is also plastic and seems very fragile. I would not take the chance of it getting damaged. Also the radiator is mounted to the module, so it will have to be removed. You should be able to get the bottom module off without  taking the top module off the bike. The motor controller can be just moved off to the side being careful not to get the wiring in a bind.

Since my bike is completely apart I cant say for sure if one could actually get that off without draining and removing the radiator. It would be nice to streamline this process for the future and reduce the amount of time to do this repair. In my opinion since parts are getting harder to source I would take all precautions to reduce possible damage to other components while doing this work. Also a good time flush out that old coolant.

PS clamps are single use and will need to be replaced with something more maintenance friendly.

Korbin Dallas:
Weight of upper module 98 lbs

Korbin Dallas:
You will need the clamp device to remove the cover of the module. I could not put the cover back on with out putting the clamps back on. Mind you I did do a complete disassembly. So please post your results

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version