Author Topic: Introducing the Brammo Empulse.  (Read 1641 times)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Introducing the Brammo Empulse.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
Thanks, Brian.  I went ahead and added a new forum board: "My Empulse."

Looking forward to it filling up, come mid-2011.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

PDubATL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
Well done, Brian.  Looks gnarly.  Sign me up!!

After Csyz went with liquid cooling, I figured you guys wouldn't be too far behind.  This should all but negate the cooling fan noise owners had mentioned with their Enertias, right?

rnalesnik

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 08:59:37 PM »
I just started riding my Enertia everyday and now there is a new one!  I am so tempted.  I absolutely love my Enertia and still get amazed looks and people stopping me everyday asking questions.  I just paid off my mortgage 27 years early.  I figure that is saving me 14k a year... so that would make the new bike free???  I am already looking for excuses to buy one.  Wow I can imagine the looks and questions about a "no-compromise" electric bike.

Hopefully water cooling would cut the fan noise.  I wonder what the difference in models is?  Bigger batteries? or  better batteries?

Anyone know what pre-ordering means?  I went through all but the last step on the website but it said nothing about how much it would cost to pre-order.  In fact it said that if I clicked submit that I would be responsible for the purchase of an Enertia and $500 in shipping.  I guess they haven't update all of the website.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »
Pre-ordering means you get your name on a list (the sooner the better).  From the site:
After placing your pre-order, Brammo will confirm receipt and once your Empulse is within 90 days of production will contact you and request a refundable deposit. Empulse shipments are expected to commence in 2011.
Pre-ordering is a no-obligation statement of intent that you are interested and that you might buy one.  I don't know what the terms about the deposit are currently, but who cares?  Get your order in.  Print it off.  Leave it around the house where your significant other might see it.  Start acting like the badass you're going to be when you really get it.  Watch your life change.   ;D

rnalesnik

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 08:13:57 AM »
Thanks I just saw the info on the website after I posted the last message.  I couldn't resist I pre-ordered one.  That gives me a good amount of time to squirrel away enough money to buy one.

Enertia122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »
Is the Empulse using new battery technology or just more of the same batteries in the enertia?  If it's new tech, any chance of upgrading my Enertia.  I think getting 60 miles on my Enertia will open up a whole world or pleasure riding for me.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
Is the Empulse using new battery technology or just more of the same batteries in the enertia?  If it's new tech, any chance of upgrading my Enertia.  I think getting 60 miles on my Enertia will open up a whole world or pleasure riding for me.
You know, I just asked that question, and some others.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's curious about that.  :):
Empulse Questions - inquiring minds want to know

Durgenbold

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »
 :o :o :o
Ok, this is unreal.

I just got back from the University of Michigan's summer music camp today (which was awesome).

-The camp finally made me realize that I want to attend UM for music for sure.

-I've always wanted to be able to ride a Brammo motorcycle to and from classes, and this would be possible since I live 10 minutes away from the campus.

-The camp was called MPulse.

WAT

lienly

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
hope can be Brammo Taiwan exclusive agent!