Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Servicing

Center stand

(1/3) > >>

FreepZ:
The Enertia Plus will have an optional center stand, which is great for maintenance.

What I would like to know is, could I use something like this:

This kind of stand appeals to me as it's something that I would only use occasionally, and not having it on the bike would mean less dead weight.

On the other hand, I wonder how easy it would be to get the bike on that kind of stand? Is that something that I could do myself, or would I need help from somebody to steady the bike? (Looking for you tube videos to see if I can see a demo on how to use that kind of stand...)

FreepZ:
So I found a video that explains how to use a bike stand without a helper:

That leads me to another question:
Does the Enertia (or the Empulse) have those "spools" on the swing arm? (I just checked my bike (a Ninja 500), and I don't see anything like that on there.)

If not, then how are then installed?

It looks like I wouldn't be able to use that "triple tree" stand on my Ninja, since the horn is directly under the hole where pin would fit. I don't think that it would work with the Enertia either since the horn is in the way there too (although it might).

Phantom:

--- Quote from: FreepZ on March 28, 2012, 07:09:33 AM ---Does the Enertia...have those "spools" on the swing arm?
--- End quote ---

No, but I use the one from the below thread without anyone to help me.

Link: http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=48.0

It can be a little tricky until you get used to it.

Gavin:
http://brammo.com/store/stand/

brammo store sells this, so I assume it works with their bikes....

good point about less weight...at the same time I like a center stand to do work/repairs on the fly...but I guess with a commuter bike it doesn't matter as much.

Gavin

Richard230:
I can't recall if the Enertia has a flat bottom under the chassis. But if it does, you could use the type of stand that lifts the bike from the bottom and raises the entire bike, including both wheels off of the ground, using a hydraulic piston or a mechanical screw or scissor apparatus. I think these types of stands are big with the Harley crowd.  I just ordered a Drag Specialties stand like that for my Zero. That seems like a much better way of getting the wheels off the ground than using front and rear race stands, such as are illustrated above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version