The Brammo Buying Experience > Taxes, Incentives, Advantages

New [Proposed] Federal 10% Credit

<< < (2/6) > >>

EmpulseRider:
Not an instant rebate in the past, so unless they changed that this time around (dont think so), its the same deal. I know they were working on making the federal EV rebate an instant one, but have not heard anything else about it.

Almost drops 2k from the Empulse R!!!

18995 - 1899 = 17095

Cost to the taxpayer 15 million... chump change to kickstart the e-bike industry. Especially considering that the states will benefit from sales tax and licensing fees from the increased sales. I really cant see the downside to this when you consider all the benefits. :)

860:
This is good to hear, but there is still a long way to go for this be become law.  Heck, it hasn't even been assigned a Senate Bill number yet.

This bill still has to go to the full Senate for a vote.  Then the House has to do their thing.  Final votes aren't expected until September according to one source.

Still a long-shot.

protomech:
Makes sense. This bill was passed by the committee just before Congress high-tails it out of town for a five week break.

860:
This bill has gotten a Senate Bill number assigned to it, for anyone who wants to track its progress (mostly just me?)

S. 3521    The Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act of 2012

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:s.3521:

The US House will be going home at the end of this week until after the elections, so even if this bill got out of the Senate this week, it won't even hit the House until after the elections.  Between the beginning of August and the November elections, the US House is only going to be in session in Washington for about 2 weeks total.    :o  >:(

http://www.house.gov/legislative/date/2012-09-21 

860:
This bill looks dead.  Here is the last status on it:

"Latest Major Action: 9/19/2012 Senate floor actions. Status: Motion to proceed to consideration of measure withdrawn in Senate."

Romney just attacked everything green, making everything green into an even more partisan issue.  Short of an overwhelming Democratic electoral victory, the chances of getting this passed into law is almost none.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version