General > Victory Empulse

System Fault B9

<< < (3/3)

new-brammo-guy:
Hi KaFr, do you have any pictures of where you vacuumed out the moisture and the sealing you did? I have a 2016 Victory Empulse TT with 4k miles and my relative humidity is high in M5, M6 & M7 (below). Not sure if it's related, but my Module 6 Cell Temp is showing 90C (below) and causing multiple faults (below).

Relative Humidity
M1 Relative Humidity (%)   M2 Relative Humidity (%)   M3 Relative Humidity (%)   M4 Relative Humidity (%)   M5 Relative Humidity (%)   M6 Relative Humidity (%)   M7 Relative Humidity (%)

50   45   51   47   67   70   68

Cell Temps
Module 1 Cell Temperature (C)   Module 2 Cell Temperature (C)   Module 3 Cell Temperature (C)   Module 4 Cell Temperature (C)   Module 5 Cell Temperature (C)   Module 6 Cell Temperature (C)   Module 7 Cell Temperature (C)
25   25   25   25   24   90   24

Faults
SYSTEM FAULT B8  : Battery Fault: Temperature Sensor Failure | BATTERY TOO HOT  : Battery Fault: Over Temperature Shutdown    with different temperature limit for Drive or Charge | KICKSTAND DOWN : Kickstand is down in Drive Mode | SYSTEM FAULT B40  : BMS Back in Idle Mode

Thanks a lot!

KaFr:
Hi new-brammo-guy,
I only have a photo of the BMS connector on the upper module, but i made a photo of the BMS connector on the lower module from HadesOmega's video when he was changing the coolant.

BMS connectors have a total of 12 pins. On the upper module all pins are used, while on the lower module three pins are unused. Instead, plastic blanking pins are inserted into the empty holes of the connector.

If you take out these plastic pins, you can use those holes to try to suck moisture from the internal space of the module.
Another alternative for suction is the plastic cover of the LED indicator, which should be unscrewed, since it has a hex head. However, I am not sure if it is not glued to the front wall of the module or secured by a nut from the inside.

Please let me know if you managed to reduce the humidity by vacuuming the inside of the module through the BMS connector or the LED indicator cover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version